A supercomputer developed by China's National Defense University remains the fastest publically known computer in the world while the U.S. is close to an historic low in the latest edition of the closely followed Top 500 supercomputer ranking, which ...
To get an edge over China in the supercomputing arms race, the U.S. plans to build a 180-petaflop supercomputer that will be used mainly for scientific research.
To better anticipate the next Sandy-size hurricane, the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is upgrading the supercomputers it uses for predicting the weather.
Once a seething cauldron of competition, the twice-yearly Top500 listing of the world's most powerful supercomputers has grown nearly stagnant of late.
Cray has added more horsepower to its latest supercomputer, the XC40, and already has scored some big-time customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- TPSoftware Asset ManagementNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTSenior Network Security EngineerACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT