Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Microsoft, confirming one of the technology industry’s worst kept secrets, is killing off its Zune music player about 5 years after its debut as a potential iPod killer.
Red Hat announced Tuesday that it is acquiring Gluster, which makes open-source software that clusters commodity SATA drives and NAS systems into massively scalable pools of storage, in a cash deal valued at about $136 million. Gluster is also a cont...
HP has started laying off workers associated with last year's billion-dollar acquisition of Palm, as it closes down the mobile device business it planned to base on Palm's webOS. The news comes almost exactly a month after HP announced a sweeping reo...
HP management has not been good to the company over the last few years. One would have to do a lot of searching to find a management team that has so thoroughly messed up in the court of public opinion.
Cisco Monday announced that it has acquired privately held Versly, a maker of collaboration software for Microsoft Office applications.
Six months after laying out his "strategic vision" for HP, CEO Leo Apotheker took the actions to realize it. And abandoned the mobile computing space.
Google is paying a premium for Motorola Mobility, the recently spun-off device maker from Motorola proper. But for the $12.5 billion it's paying, Google likely is more interested in Motorola's patents than its phones.
Google is apparently sick of being pushed around by patent attorneys from Microsoft and Apple.
The U.S. debt reduction deadlock in Congress is already taking a toll on how much companies are spending on property, buildings and equipment, including computer hardware and software, according to a new survey by ChangeWave Research.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Research in Motion, which has been losing ground to Apple, Google and even Microsoft in the mobile market, announced Monday it is cutting 2,000 jobs, or about 11 per cent of its workforce.
In Google's early days, founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin argued that answering email complaints would be a waste of time, and that Googlers should fix problems behind the scenes without interacting directly with users, according to a former Google...
Google's free-to-use operating system is increasingly imposing costs on handset developers.
Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCHadoop Developer - Big DataNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTJava / API DeveloperVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTMurex/Java DeveloperNSW