Social gaming publisher Zynga announced Monday that it will lay off 18% of its total workforce -- more than 500 employees -- in an effort to reduce staff costs and focus on the mobile sector.
Microsoft, confirming one of the technology industry’s worst kept secrets, is killing off its Zune music player about 5 years after its debut as a potential iPod killer.
Red Hat announced Tuesday that it is acquiring Gluster, which makes open-source software that clusters commodity SATA drives and NAS systems into massively scalable pools of storage, in a cash deal valued at about $136 million. Gluster is also a cont...
HP has started laying off workers associated with last year's billion-dollar acquisition of Palm, as it closes down the mobile device business it planned to base on Palm's webOS. The news comes almost exactly a month after HP announced a sweeping reo...
HP management has not been good to the company over the last few years. One would have to do a lot of searching to find a management team that has so thoroughly messed up in the court of public opinion.
Cisco Monday announced that it has acquired privately held Versly, a maker of collaboration software for Microsoft Office applications.
Six months after laying out his "strategic vision" for HP, CEO Leo Apotheker took the actions to realize it. And abandoned the mobile computing space.
Google is paying a premium for Motorola Mobility, the recently spun-off device maker from Motorola proper. But for the $12.5 billion it's paying, Google likely is more interested in Motorola's patents than its phones.
Google is apparently sick of being pushed around by patent attorneys from Microsoft and Apple.
The U.S. debt reduction deadlock in Congress is already taking a toll on how much companies are spending on property, buildings and equipment, including computer hardware and software, according to a new survey by ChangeWave Research.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Research in Motion, which has been losing ground to Apple, Google and even Microsoft in the mobile market, announced Monday it is cutting 2,000 jobs, or about 11 per cent of its workforce.
In Google's early days, founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin argued that answering email complaints would be a waste of time, and that Googlers should fix problems behind the scenes without interacting directly with users, according to a former Google...
Google's free-to-use operating system is increasingly imposing costs on handset developers.
Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA