Material irrelevant to police investigation that was seized from Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom and three associates in January 2012 will have to be returned to them, a court in New Zealand has ruled.
Nearly three dozen computer scientists have signed off on a court brief opposing Oracle's effort to copyright its Java APIs, a move they say would hold back the computer industry and deny affordable technology to end users.
The U.S. Congress should consider a "safe harbor" from legal action for consumers using works protected by copyright as it launches a long-term effort to revamp copyright law, some advocates said Thursday.
Embedded YouTube videos don't infringe copyright under current German law, but they could violate European rules, the German Federal Court of Justice said on Thursday.
A federal court in New York has denied class certification to copyright owners in an infringement lawsuit against YouTube over unauthorized hosting of content, stating that copyright claims have only superficial similarities.
France should stop cutting off the Internet access of those accused of illicit file sharing, and close down the agency that polices online copyright breaches, according to a government-commissioned report.
The U.S. Department of Justice's copyright infringement case against file storage service Megaupload is "prosecutorial overreach" based on a misreading of U.S. law, the site's lawyers argue in a white paper released Tuesday.
A 33-year-old man was sentenced to three years and 10 months in prison by a German court for running the torrent site torrent.to between December 2005 and April 2008.
After spending millions to buy licensed TV shows and movies, China's top online video site is facing a surge in piracy from a new crop of offenders threatening to cut into its business.
Sabam, the Belgian association of authors, composers and publishers, has sued the country's three biggest ISPs, saying that they should be paying copyright levies for offering access to copyright protected materials online.
A key U.S. lawmaker has unveiled plans for a comprehensive review of the laws surrounding copyright in the United States to determine whether they are still relevant in the digital age.
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg was charged with hacking the IBM mainframe of Logica, a Swedish IT firm that provided tax services to the Swedish government, and the IBM mainframe of the Swedish Nordea bank, according to the Swedish pub...
Selling a pre-owned digital music file is quite different from selling an old CD in the physical world, and may infringe copyright, a court in New York has ruled.
Streaming television service Aereo does not appear to infringe the copyrights of over-the-air TV stations, and a request from several stations to shut down the New York-based service isn't warranted, an appeals court has ruled.
In the midst of its latest campaign to fight piracy in China, Microsoft has signed an agreement with Lenovo to ensure that its PCs ship with licensed versions of Windows software on its computers
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT