European copyright laws are too fragmented and ill-suited to online usage today: Legislators drafting new rules should limit copyright terms; allow unrestricted hypertext linking; exempt public-sector works from copyright; harmonize rules to simplify...
The White House has declined to act on two petitions, collectively signed by 90,000 people, that called for the president to fire the federal prosecutors who charged the late Internet activist Aaron Swartz with computer hacking.
The recent data breach at Sony Pictures Entertainment has prompted a war of words between Google and the U.S movie industry, with the Internet giant accusing a state attorney general of collaborating with movie studios in a copyright enforcement camp...
Oracle is trying to make sure its billion-dollar copyright dispute with Google over the Android OS doesn't make it to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Google has agreed to settle a patent lawsuit brought by Rockstar, a patent company that had earlier acquired a trove of patents from Nortel Networks.
SAP and Oracle have settled a long-standing copyright-infringement lawsuit, with the German company agreeing to pay about US$359 million in damages and interest to Oracle instead of the $1.3 billion awarded in 2010.
An appeals court in the U.S. is reviewing a February decision ordering Google to pull down from YouTube the controversial "Innocence of Muslims" video that sparked off violence in many countries in 2012.
Computer scientists have asked the U.S. Supreme Court to reverse an appeals court decision that Java APIs, the specifications that let programs communicate with each other, are copyrightable.
German publishers said they are bowing to Google's market power, and will allow the search engine powerhouse to show news snippets in search results free of charge, at least for the time being.
The producer of Oscar-winning film, Dallas Buyers Club, has taken its hunt for pirates of the film to Australia, after filing a barrage of antipiracy lawsuits in the US. But at least one Australian Internet service provider is pushing back out of con...
Google has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to hear a copyright infringement case that some developers think could have a big impact on their ability to innovate in software.
In a move to minimize legal risks, Google has stopped showing news snippets and thumbnails for some well-known German news sites in search results.
A judge in New York has postponed for mediation proceedings a decision on an injunction motion by Getty Images against a Bing widget, which allowed publishers to embed image collages and slideshows from search results on their websites.
European libraries may digitize books and make them available at electronic reading points without first gaining consent of the copyright holder, the highest European Union court ruled Thursday.
Following a lawsuit from Getty Images, Microsoft has temporarily removed the beta of the Bing Image Widget, which lets publishers embed collages and slideshows of images from search results on their Web sites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC