The administration of President Barack Obama sided with Oracle in a dispute with Google on whether APIs, the specifications that let programs communicate with each other, are copyrightable.
A woman who received death threats after appearing unwittingly in an anti-Muslim film on YouTube cannot require Google to remove it on the grounds that her performance was copyright-protected, a San Francisco federal appeals court ruled Monday.
A trade agreement that has digital rights groups worried gained traction this week, when lawmakers voted to end a filibuster of legislation that would fast-track trade deals through Congress.
Four New Zealand media companies filed legal proceedings Monday to prevent use of a service that lets people in the country view online entertainment content normally blocked there.
Retail chain Forever 21 has denied making illegal copies of Adobe's software, as the Photoshop maker alleged in a lawsuit, and shot back that Adobe tries to bully customers who are accused of piracy into paying exorbitant license fees.
A legal battle is taking shape in New Zealand that could result in one of the first worldwide court cases to address the legality of skirting regional restrictions on web content.
Microsoft and Getty Images have settled a copyright dispute and agreed to work together to provide the digital media company's images for the software giant's products like Bing and Cortana.
A Brussels court has ruled that Belgian ISPs don't have to pay copyright levies for offering access to copyright protected materials online.
BlackBerry has filed another lawsuit against the makers of the Typo keyboard, claiming that the new version of the iPhone accessory also copies its designs and patents.
A programmer for defunct file storage site Megaupload has pleaded guilty to criminal copyright infringement charges and has been sentenced to a year and a day in U.S. prison.
After years of legal trouble, the once-popular online file storage and sharing company Rapidshare is closing up shop.
Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom has avoided extradition to the U.S. on copyright infringement charges, but one of his lieutenants may have turned himself in there yesterday.
U.S. copyright law should allow for people to bypass digital rights management technologies as a way to tinker with a wide variety of products, including cars, DVDs and old video games, the Electronic Frontier Foundation said.
A federal court in California has ruled that Dish Network did not infringe the copyright of Fox Broadcasting by offering users services for skipping ads and streaming live or recorded programming over the Internet to their computers and mobile device...
Dutch e-book resale site Tom Kabinet has to close because, at least at the moment, it cannot prove that all the books offered for sale on the site have been legally obtained, an Amsterdam court ruled Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC