Under a new policy, Twitter will leave a placeholder message when it removes content resulting from a complaint by a copyright holder.
With characteristic bombast, Kim Dotcom unveiled a splash page on Thursday for his Mega file-sharing service, a successor to the imperiled Megaupload that has landed its founders in deep legal trouble.
A U.S. judge should limit the scope of a proposed court hearing examining whether a former Megaupload user can recover files that were on the website when the U.S. Department of Justice shut it down, the agency said.
France may introduce a law to make Google pay to republish news snippets if it doesn't strike a deal with French news publishers before the end of the year, the office of French President François Hollande said on Monday.
U.S. residents who buy products protected by copyright shouldn't have to worry about where those products were manufactured before reselling them, a lawyer told the U.S. Supreme Court Monday.
Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom could violate the terms of his bail, or face new criminal charges, if he launches a new file-sharing and storage service as planned, the U.S. Department of Justice said in a court filing this week.
Modifying Apple's iPhone software to install applications not approved by Apple will still be legal under new exemptions to take effect on Sunday in the U.S., but illegal for an iPad and other tablets.
Buyers of smartphones, tablets and MP3 players must pay a levy of up to €5 (US$6.5) in the Netherlands as of January 2013 to compensate for loss of income to the music and film industries caused by private copying, the Dutch ministry of Security and ...
Giant domain name registrar GoDaddy.com has pulled its support from the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act after owners of several websites announced they would take their business elsewhere.
A hearing to debate and amend the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the U.S. House of Representatives has been delayed, likely until early next year.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee has postponed further debate on the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) until after Congress' holiday break.
The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee slowly moved toward approval of the controversial copyright enforcement bill Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), although the panel was able to debate only a handful of amendments Thursday.
Eight former staff members of the U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee are now lobbying on behalf of companies or groups supporting controversial copyright enforcement legislation in Congress, an example of the close ties often found bet...
A proposed amendment to the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, has not swayed many opponents to the legislation.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has scheduled a debate and vote on controversial copyright legislation, the Stop Online Piracy Act, with the bill's main sponsor offering an amendment meant to address some concerns with the bill.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia