A premium convertible with plenty of style, but not without its quirks
This tough Ultrabook has hinges that allow its screen to flip all the way over so that it can be used as a tablet
Dell's XPS 12 convertible can be used either as a laptop or as a tablet thanks to a clever hinge design
convertibles in pictures
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, maybe.)
HP's Spectre x360 is a flagship consumer product that shows off plenty of style and a rigid build quality. A couple of strong hinges allow the laptop to be used in the display, tent, and tablet modes that we've all grown to love. (Well, some of us, m...
The handwriting experience on Lenovo’s Windows-based tablets has gotten a boost for the better, with the company releasing an application called WRITEit, which can allow a user to perform handwriting input in almost any scenario.
Acer’s Aspire R14 Playbook is latest convertible notebook to emerge on the Australian market, offering a four-in-one experience encompassing laptop, tablet, tent, and display modes.
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW