California regulators have fined Uber more than US$7.3 million after the company failed to hand over data related to Uber's operations under an agreement between the state and the company.
Uber has reached a confidential settlement with the family of a girl who was hit and killed by an Uber driver.
Windows Phone isn't going away.
A networking protocol that could be whizzing around your home's airspace in a few years came one step closer to reality on Tuesday.
Smartwatch maker Pebble will start manufacturing its new Pebble Time Steel this week and begin shipping the device at the end of this month.
Apple sells about 20 percent of the world's smartphones and makes 92 percent of the industry's profit, a staggering imbalance that reflects the premium prices Cupertino can ask for its phones compared to competitors like HTC and Samsung.
Privacy concerns might throw a wrench into companies' plans to make Internet-connected devices mainstream fixtures in the home.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Microsoft is letting developers create apps for its Band fitness tracker that convey information pulled from RSS feeds and display it on the device's screen.
Google Glass appears to be on its way back, and it's heading straight for the workplace with a bigger, faster design.
A few well-regarded flagship devices, a focused core experience, a vibrant app ecosystem, and a belief in the quality of its own products: Apple lives and breathes these things, and has achieved massive profitability in the phone space as a result. A...
Microsoft today wrote off billions of dollars related to its Nokia acquisition, saying it's taking an "impairment charge" of US$7.6 billion, or nearly the full amount it paid for the Finnish firm's smartphone business and patents last year.
Microsoft is scaling down its mobile phone activities, writing off the entire value of the former Nokia smartphone business it bought last year and laying off almost one-third of that business' staff.
Microsoft plans a new round of layoffs that could affect its hardware and smartphones businesses, besides other parts of the company, according to a newspaper report.
A federal court in Texas has ordered a new trial on damages in a patent infringement dispute between Apple and Smartflash that could modify an earlier US$533 million damages award to the patent-licensing company.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT