Huawei Technologies will invest €70 million (US$90.6 million) over a five-year period to establish a research and development center in Helsinki, Finland; its first task will be to build software for smartphones and tablets based on Android and Windo...
The mobile chipset market is in a state of flux with a number of key vendors struggling, but analysts say the result of the turmoil will be more advanced high-end smartphones and cheaper low-end devices.
Demand for the iPhone 5 in China has reached more than 300,000 online reservations with mobile carrier China Unicom, as Apple prepares to starting selling the device there on Friday.
Recent Apple patent activity raises hopes of sonar and audio-detecting screen in the iPhone 6
Even though sales of some mobile devices are booming, overall confidence in the tech sector continues to erode as economic weakness puts downward pressure on the computer market.
Android tablets, large or small, can't seem to match the battery life of the iPad. In a recent set of battery life tests, Apple's new iPad has the longest battery life among 10-inch tablets; in the 7-inch category, the iPad Mini comes out on top as w...
iOSphere rumors make it Christmas every day: They are the gift that keeps on giving, no matter what time of year.
At the end of a long court hearing in California on Thursday that saw Apple and Samsung argue over a US$1 billion damages award granted to Apple this summer, Judge Lucy Koh had a simple yet optimistic request: global peace.
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
Google has updated its Search app for Android with functionality that rivals Apple’s Passbook app, the iOS 6 program that pulls your boarding passes and store cards into one convenient place.
A leaked part of the iPhone 5S suggests it will have a similar design to the iPhone 5 but different internal components.
Apple and Samsung will return on Thursday to the San Jose courtroom where they battled over cell phone patents earlier this year, and Apple subsequently won damages of $1.05 billion.
Nokia Wednesday unveiled an entry-level Windows Phone 8 Lumia smartphone, and a variant of its top of the line Lumia 920, for the mainland China market.
Seven international electronics manufacturers were fined a total of €1.47 billion by the European Commission on Wednesday for conspiring to fix the price cathode-ray tubes (CRTs) in two separate cartels between 1996 and 2006.
Nokia said its new Lumia 620 handset is its most affordable Windows Phone 8 smartphone yet, priced US$249 when bought without a contract.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW