China's smartphone market is growing so fast that it is expected to be nearly twice as large as the US market this year, according to research firm Canalys.
Former Apple CEO John Sculley has said that the company should focus on making a cheaper iPhone for emerging markets.
Apple is expected to begin preliminary builds of the next iPhone, dubbed iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S, in March, in preparation for a June or July launch, an analyst has said.
iPhone 6 with fingerprint sensor to launch alongside cheaper iPhone with six colours in June - analyst
Apple's iPhone 5S, sometimes also referred to as the iPhone 6, could launch in June or July with a built-in fingerprint sensor, improved camera and an A7 chip, alongside a cheaper iPhone available in six colours, an analyst has predicted.
Nine months into his stint as Sony's CEO savior, Kazuo Hirai says the company is once again focused on the sleek gadgets that made it famous, but results will take time.
The Week in iOS Accessories from CES.
Shipments of smartphones with screens 5 inches or larger will more than double this year, as consumers are increasingly attracted to the large screen sizes offered by the phones, according to a prediction from IHS iSuppli.
Samsung's Galaxy S4 smartphone is tipped to get a 5-inch Full HD 1080p screen.
Samsung will begin pushing Android Jelly Bean to its Galaxy S II model in February, according to a notice posted to the company's Korean website.
Apple and Google's Android have the widest adoption among mobile BI (business intelligence) applications, as the products are becoming more mature, according to a report from market research company Ovum.
When it comes to Apple, tea-leaf reading is always in season.
China's Internet population reached 564 million at the end of December, an increase of 26 million over the past six months, according to a non-profit research group in the country.
Apple is investigating a new location-based emergency app that could be introduced with iOS 7.
Former Windows head and Microsoft Surface advocate Steve Sinofsky is already tweeting from an iPhone.
It's starting to look like the BlackBerry store will be well stocked with apps when Research In Motion launches BlackBerry 10 at the end of this month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW