Sharp said Wednesday it has no plans to abandon its Galapagos tablet line and announced a 7-inch model that can serve as a WiMAX router.
China Mobile and China Unicom, two of the country's largest mobile operators, said they plan to bring SIM card-based Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to their customers.
Arthur Levinson, former CEO of biotech company Genentech, is taking on the chairmanship of Apple's board, filling the role that Apple founder Steve Jobs vacated when he died last month.
Before Apple released an iOS update to address battery life, I, like many others, tried to figure out what was causing my iPhone 4S's batery life to quickly drain.
Samsung will have to wait until March next year to see if its attempt to get sales of the iPhone 4S banned in Australia is successful.
Android has surged ahead in the global smartphone market with more than half of all handsets sold worldwide in Q3 2011 running Google's mobile OS.
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Panasonic said Tuesday it will sell one of its main domestic TV panel factories to a new joint venture focused on producing smaller screens, as Japan's big-name manufacturers continue to seek relief from deep losses in their display businesses.
Smartphones and tablets are evolving from niche luxury devices to mainstream consumer gadgets. As mobile devices become a ubiquitous part of the mainstream culture, malware developers are paying attention and are anxious to exploit the fertile new te...
Do you know where your smartphone is? Unless you're using it to read PCWorld.com, your phone is probably plugged into an outlet somewhere to charge, because the battery stinks.
Gadget gurus have been testing out Amazon's Kindle Fire media tablet ahead of the device's Tuesday ship date and the consensus is that it's a solid alternative to the iPad for some environments.
Apple is working on a smaller iPad and plans to increase the screen size of the next iPhone to 4 inches, according to a report.
Apple has instituted a replacement program for first-generation iPod nanos, which may contain flawed batteries that could overheat and cause damage.
Some users are claiming that iOS 5.0.1 hasn't fixed issues with battery life that it was supposed to remedy.
A new, smaller SIM card, dubbed nano-SIM, will free up room for additional memory and larger batteries, helping phone vendors create thinner devices, German company Giesecke & Devrient said on Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Uber, facing public backlash, will rethink privacy
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up
- AT&T to pay $23.8 million to settle California dumping complaint
- SAP talks up Hana but small companies slow to sign on
- IBM offers 'devops' services to speed up enterprises' app development
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW