Hewlett-Packard has sold some of the rights to its webOS mobile operating system to LG Electronics for use in smart television sets made by the South Korean electronics firm.
After months of rumor and speculation, Samsung finally confirmed this weekend that the Galaxy S IV would be rolled out at a March 14 press event in New York.
ZTE's first phone based on Mozilla's Firefox OS will go on sale in the middle of the year in Spain, Venezuela and Columbia, where its maker hopes to boost smartphone penetration.
Visa's payWave mobile payment applet will be embedded in next-generation Samsung smartphones and tablets enabled with NFC, according to an alliance that both Visa and Samsung announced Monday.
Asustek Computer is targeting both smartphone and tablet users with its new Padfone Infinity and Fonepad devices, which can be converted between the two formats.
China's ZTE debuted a smartphone with a 5.7-inch screen dubbed the Grand Memo at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Monday. It's a follow up to its 5-inch Grand S smartphone that the company introduced at CES last month.
Sony's Xperia Tablet Z will go on sale globally in the second quarter, priced from US$499in the U.S.
Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
Chinese handset maker ZTE said it will consider releasing smartphones built with eight-core processors in the future as the company prioritizes the high-end market this year.
Intel will start shipping its high-performance Atom smartphone chip with 3D transistors to device makers later this year, who will then test the chip for use in handsets.
Samsung Electronics has introduced the Android-based HomeSync media center, which can be used to watch movies, play games and also provide private and shared storage.
Huawei Technologies has expanded its device portfolio with the LTE-equipped Ascend P2 as the company hopes to climb upwards in the smartphone market.
Apple’s tablet is tailor-made for touchscreen creativity – as are many iOS apps. Here are 10 of the most inspiring examples
Smartphones and tablets with the emerging Wi-Fi wireless networking technology, 802.11ac, will arrive early in the second half of this year, a Qualcomm executive said.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has reached a settlement with HTC America over security holes in the company's smartphone and tablet software that left millions of users' personal information at risk.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW