Products from several smartphone vendors and processors from the likes of Nvidia are helping drive down the cost of LTE-enabled devices.
Sony Mobile will provide an experimental version of the Firefox OS on one of its smartphones so that advanced developers can try it out and start working on applications.
Smartphones, it seems, can do anything.
China Mobile has unveiled four smartphones built to run on its upcoming 4G LTE TDD network, with the handsets coming from foreign brands including HTC and LG, and Chinese handset makers Huawei and ZTE.
Mobile operators are passionate about the Tizen OS, but it appears there's a lot of work to do before the smartphones running it will go on sale later this year.
Finnish company Jolla and its CEO Marc Dillon are hoping to convince consumers that buying a new smartphone isn't just about the number of cores available and the size of the screen when the company later this year releases the first smartphone based...
Japan's NEC has come up with a different way to answer consumer demands for bigger screens on smartphones. Rather than use a single, larger display, which makes the entire phone larger, the company has fitted a second screen to its Medias W handset t...
If you have a habit of dropping smartphones or tablets in toilets or sinks, Fujitsu may have an answer for you. The company showed off a new Windows 8 tablet and Android smartphones that can resist drops into water.
Imaging technology once reserved for high end cameras might be coming to smartphones with new software from Japan's Morpho.
FixYa has compiled smartphone reliability report that aims to uncover which manufacturers offer the most reliable devices
Chinese Internet giant Tencent is eyeing the U.S. mobile Internet market with its popular WeChat product, a messaging app that lets users send messages, voice recorded notes, and pictures to friends on the service.
Rumors have abounded this month that Apple is designing a smart watch--maybe even a flexible-glass, slap-bracelet type of device. As cool as that sounds, an "iWatch" needs to be equal parts form and function for working adults to take it seriously.
As Google shows off its Project Glass technology, US journalists are starting to get their hands on the interesting heads-up display wearable computer.
Former Apple executive Jean-Louis Gassée has pondered the question of whether Apple needs to focus more on the business user of the iPad in his latest Monday Note.
Taiwan-based research firm TrendForce believes that a completely redesigned iPad 5 will launch in the third quarter of 2013, reigniting consumer interest in Apple's 10in tablet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPSharePoint ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW