Japanese camera manufacturer Canon has developed a large sensor chip for shooting video in extremely dim conditions.
Speculation about an Apple smart watch has taken off in recent weeks, but a new report suggests that the flexible displays expected to be used for the so-called iWatch won't be ready for three more years.
New reports from Asia suggest that Apple has cut back its chip and panel orders for its iPhone 5 as the launch of the next-generation iPhone, known as iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, grows nearer.
As the iPhone 5 nears its six-month mark (an eternity in electronics years), there remains a steady flow of new cases and protective accessories for it. Here are the latest.
A judge has ordered a partial retrial in Apple's patent lawsuit against Samsung in California, and has cut hundreds of millions of dollars from the $1 billion in damages that Apple was awarded last summer.
Guy Kawasaki, venture capitalist and former Apple chief evangelist, announced this week that he has taken on advisory work for Motorola Mobility - which is owned by rival Google.
Technology teardown site iFixit has published its first 'Tablet Repairability' list, ranking several popular tablets in terms of how easy they are to repair, including Apple's iPads, which have found themselves with scores that place them near the bo...
Now that there's a Samsung Galaxy S IV release date, are we getting less excited about the smartphone?
Finally. After months and months of hype, speculation, gossip and rumor, it's finally official: The Samsung Galaxy S IV has been released. Or, at least, it kind of feels like it has.
A steady stream of iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 concept images and videos continues to materialise, including a couple of new ones that envision Apple's latest designs looking more and more like some of Samsung's products.
Rumours have suggested that Apple could be preparing to launch three new iPhones this year, a low-cost iPhone mini, a bigger iPhone or 'iPhablet', and an iPhone 6. Based on those rumours, a new concept images have been created to illustrate what Appl...
This year's MWC may have been lacking in high-end smartphone launches, but the "W" stands for "world" and lower-cost models shown this week are needed to open up the mobile-phone market to more people globally.
A Tokyo court ruled Thursday that Apple did not infringe a Samsung patent, a small win for Apple in the continuing legal wrangling between the two companies.
General Dynamics is looking to bring U.S. government-level security to consumer smartphones, allowing organizations to benefit from the type of strong data protection only available on expensive and clunky mobile terminals.
Future iPhones could have a 'situational awareness module' that will enable the device to anticipate user needs, triggering particular functions based on environmental attributes, a new Apple patent filing reveals.
Products from several smartphone vendors and processors from the likes of Nvidia are helping drive down the cost of LTE-enabled devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW