HTC's new Droid DNA has some standout hardware elements, but the Android smartphone suffers from significant drawbacks that make it difficult to recommend.
Google's Nexus 4 offers outstanding hardware and an optimal Android experience, but it may require you to make a few compromises. Here's an in-depth look at the new flagship phone.
Samsung has paid close attention to usability, while also boosting the browser and VPN
A new generation of small tablets has reinvented entertainment on the go, but which is best? Find out now and gear up for holiday gift-buying
Five years after its inception, Android is more dominant than ever in the smartphone OS market, despite facing a number of challenges along the way.
Samsung's Galaxy Note II is big, bright and powerful, with a number of new features. Here's an in-depth look at where it excels -- and where it falls short.
If you're going to throw down some cash for Microsoft's new Surface RT tablet, you absolutely must get either the Touch Cover or the Type Cover along with it. Without one of these keyboard accessories, the tablet's greater productivity package isn't ...
Research In Motion continues to struggle as it works to finish the BlackBerry 10 operating system, but the audience at the London edition of the BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour developer event still thinks the company can play an important role in the e...
Motorola's Droid Razr HD makes a lasting impression with its first-class build quality and outstanding battery life -- but the Android smartphone also has its fair share of flaws.
Wouldn't you like to have your very own gofer dedicated to doing all the menial tasks you hate? That's a big part of the appeal of the iPhone 4S: Siri, the voice-driven virtual assistant, turns anyone with a couple hundred bucks into a CEO attended b...
Samsung took a step toward finding a kind of "pax tabletica" with arch-foe Apple in an Australian court last week, offering to remove features from its Galaxy Tab to avoid a court ban on sales of the device in that country. But what's really interest...
A few years ago businesspeople carried a laptop on the road, used a desktop PC in the office, and worked on another PC at home. Maybe they had a BlackBerry, too--but only if they were real big shots.
History may look at Android as the tech industry's Helen of Troy: The OS that launched a thousand suits.
Video chat is all the rage these days, thanks to new services such as Google+ Hangouts and Skype/Facebook integrated video chat. Video chatting is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends--seeing loved ones' faces on a computer screen is ...
Digital photography has come a long way; it's removed the barrier of expensive film and development, lead to decent smartphone cameras that let anyone to snap a photo anywhere, and it's bumped the resolution up to a ridiculous 59,783 by 24,658-pixel ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC