Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Several privacy and civil rights groups voiced support for an online do-not-track bill introduced in the U.S. Senate Monday, saying the legislation would give Web users control over their personal data.
Two high-profile U.S. senators have introduced legislation designed to give consumers more control over what information about them is collected online, but privacy advocates said the bill will do little to curb wide-spread data-collection practices ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW