Nine privacy groups plan to withdraw from U.S. government-hosted negotiations to develop voluntary facial-recognition privacy standards because the groups feel the process won't lead to adequate privacy protections.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Lobbyists derailed an effort by U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to create mobile privacy standards, a privacy group charged on Thursday, while some participants in the process conceded it lacked focus.
Several privacy and civil rights groups voiced support for an online do-not-track bill introduced in the U.S. Senate Monday, saying the legislation would give Web users control over their personal data.
Two high-profile U.S. senators have introduced legislation designed to give consumers more control over what information about them is collected online, but privacy advocates said the bill will do little to curb wide-spread data-collection practices ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW