The thorny question of carbon emissions from cloud computing has raised its head again. There's been plenty of debate as to whether cloud computing is good or bad at curbing carbon emissions.
NASA is backing open source cloud computing with a single goal in mind: to stick to space exploration and stop running data centers.
This issue of Network World features the 2010 edition of Cool Yule Tools. For the last 11 years, I've been collecting, reviewing and highlighting the coolest electronic (and geeky) products for the holiday season. This year is no different; we tried ...
Microsoft is continuing its Windows 7 marketing push with a recommendation that all customers examine desktop virtualization before moving users to the new operating system.
Scottish-based hosting company Iomart has snapped up rival hosting company Titan in a move designed to bolster its expertise in the virtualisation space.
Roger Sessions, CTO of ObjectWatch and an expert in software architecture, argues that the increasing complexity of our IT systems will be our undoing. In fact, he just recently got a patent for a methodology that helps deal with complex IT systems....
Apple has released the final code to developers for its iOS 4.2 update, according to several technology Websites. The update, scheduled for public release later this month, is especially big news for the iPad, which will gain a range of features alre...
Adobe Systems today unveiled Adobe Connect 8, a Web conferencing tool that supports videoconferencing on desktops, in conference rooms and most mobile devices.
Microsoft may be "all in" for the cloud -- but will developers follow?
Microsoft bolstered Windows Azure with several new capabilities today, including the ability to run Windows Server instances on Azure, theoretically making applications portable between the data center and Microsoft cloud platform.
Ravi Simhambhatla, CIO of Virgin America One airline is flying into the cloud to use its new e-mail system.
In theory at least, as cars are outfitted with more advanced electronics, safer vehicles should be at least one of the main results.
VMware wants people to be able to access enterprise applications with the same ease and flexibility they enjoy from Facebook and Gmail. That is, on any device, without a thought about where the service originated.
The road map for expanding enterprise use of cloud computing is being drawn by IT executives like Mark Stone, CIO at Safety-Kleen Systems Inc.
The migration to smaller drives and the use of solid-state drives (SSD) are among several key technologies that will lead to much lower data center power and cooling costs over the next several years, IDC said in a report today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW