It's been about a year since Conficker/Downadup hit in 2009, and although the threat didn't turn out to be as grave as it had the potential to be, the 6.5 million PCs that remain infected today represent what Symantec Corp. calls a "loaded gun, waiti...
More than a year after doomsday reports hinted that the Conficker worm would bring down the Internet, one-in-10 Windows PCs still have not been patched to plug the hole the worm wriggles through, new data shows.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
Russia and Brazil are now the top hotspots for global Internet attack traffic, Net giant Akamai has said in its latest threat report, placing most of the blame on the hardy Conficker worm.
Security experts have known for months that some countries have had a harder time battling the Conficker worm than others. But thanks to data released Wednesday by Shadowserver, a volunteer-run organization, they now have a better idea of which Inter...
Creators of Waledac malware enlisted the Conficker botnet as a tool to spread malware of their own, marking the first time Conficker was made available for hire, according to Cisco's mid-year security report.This was symptomatic of a wider trend Cisc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW