These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
Stripped computers and air-conditioners are part of daily Chinese village life.
Intel is carving out a lot more room for storage in its "Next Unit of Computing" bare-bones PCs.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will deliver the keynote address at a Microsoft research event later this month, the first time he has done so in eight years, Microsoft said.
Given how many great laptops have been sullied by miserable touchpads, it's good to hear that Microsoft is trying to do something about it.
If you have an emotional attachment to your tech gear, then that's fine. But if you have tech gear that you want to throw out, be environmentally responsible and use a proper recycling service. TechCollect is hoping to break a record for e-waste coll...
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
New interface methods will revolutionise how we interact with computers
Windows 8 is supposed to be Microsoft's majestic OS reset -- a dramatic overhaul designed to usher the Windows platform into the age of mobility. And Windows 8 is also Microsoft's bid to achieve feature parity with iOS and Android, the other two OS p...
The future of Hewlett-Packard's PC business may be a bit cloudy, but that's not stopping the industry leader from forging ahead with new consumer products. The world's largest computer-maker has announced an upgrade and price drop to the very popular...
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Terry Marshall asked if he could move his old hard drive, unchanged, to his new home-built PC, boot his existing, "very stable" XP installation, and skip Windows 7 altogether.
Computer History Museum to highlight storage
Tablets and smartphones are just the beginning of a "Post-PC world," former Microsoft executive Ray Ozzie wrote in parting memo to the company.
A first-time modder has completed a rather ambitious task--taking a motorbike and transforming it into a fully working computer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- 45 per cent of Australians do not recycle e-waste: TechCollect
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW