Researchers at the University of California have discovered a way to use nanowires to allow lithium-ion batteries in smartphones, electric vehicles and other commercial devices to be recharged hundreds of thousands of times.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
As more applications are likely to use touchscreens, Apple may need to develop products that merge features like touch with advanced computing capabilities.
A war in low-cost computers could be in the making with a new $15 computer that could challenge Raspberry Pi 3 finally shipping.
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
Stripped computers and air-conditioners are part of daily Chinese village life.
Intel is carving out a lot more room for storage in its "Next Unit of Computing" bare-bones PCs.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will deliver the keynote address at a Microsoft research event later this month, the first time he has done so in eight years, Microsoft said.
Given how many great laptops have been sullied by miserable touchpads, it's good to hear that Microsoft is trying to do something about it.
If you have an emotional attachment to your tech gear, then that's fine. But if you have tech gear that you want to throw out, be environmentally responsible and use a proper recycling service. TechCollect is hoping to break a record for e-waste coll...
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
New interface methods will revolutionise how we interact with computers
Windows 8 is supposed to be Microsoft's majestic OS reset -- a dramatic overhaul designed to usher the Windows platform into the age of mobility. And Windows 8 is also Microsoft's bid to achieve feature parity with iOS and Android, the other two OS p...
The future of Hewlett-Packard's PC business may be a bit cloudy, but that's not stopping the industry leader from forging ahead with new consumer products. The world's largest computer-maker has announced an upgrade and price drop to the very popular...
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC