Researchers at the University of California have discovered a way to use nanowires to allow lithium-ion batteries in smartphones, electric vehicles and other commercial devices to be recharged hundreds of thousands of times.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
As more applications are likely to use touchscreens, Apple may need to develop products that merge features like touch with advanced computing capabilities.
A war in low-cost computers could be in the making with a new $15 computer that could challenge Raspberry Pi 3 finally shipping.
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
Stripped computers and air-conditioners are part of daily Chinese village life.
Intel is carving out a lot more room for storage in its "Next Unit of Computing" bare-bones PCs.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will deliver the keynote address at a Microsoft research event later this month, the first time he has done so in eight years, Microsoft said.
Given how many great laptops have been sullied by miserable touchpads, it's good to hear that Microsoft is trying to do something about it.
If you have an emotional attachment to your tech gear, then that's fine. But if you have tech gear that you want to throw out, be environmentally responsible and use a proper recycling service. TechCollect is hoping to break a record for e-waste coll...
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
New interface methods will revolutionise how we interact with computers
Windows 8 is supposed to be Microsoft's majestic OS reset -- a dramatic overhaul designed to usher the Windows platform into the age of mobility. And Windows 8 is also Microsoft's bid to achieve feature parity with iOS and Android, the other two OS p...
The future of Hewlett-Packard's PC business may be a bit cloudy, but that's not stopping the industry leader from forging ahead with new consumer products. The world's largest computer-maker has announced an upgrade and price drop to the very popular...
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW