Researchers at the University of California have discovered a way to use nanowires to allow lithium-ion batteries in smartphones, electric vehicles and other commercial devices to be recharged hundreds of thousands of times.
Quantum computing is now within closer reach thanks to a major breakthrough in which scientists have demonstrated for the first time that a key building block can be assembled.
As more applications are likely to use touchscreens, Apple may need to develop products that merge features like touch with advanced computing capabilities.
A war in low-cost computers could be in the making with a new $15 computer that could challenge Raspberry Pi 3 finally shipping.
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
Stripped computers and air-conditioners are part of daily Chinese village life.
Intel is carving out a lot more room for storage in its "Next Unit of Computing" bare-bones PCs.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will deliver the keynote address at a Microsoft research event later this month, the first time he has done so in eight years, Microsoft said.
Given how many great laptops have been sullied by miserable touchpads, it's good to hear that Microsoft is trying to do something about it.
If you have an emotional attachment to your tech gear, then that's fine. But if you have tech gear that you want to throw out, be environmentally responsible and use a proper recycling service. TechCollect is hoping to break a record for e-waste coll...
Kevin Lensing, director of AMD's Notebook Product Line, exuded a quiet confidence at a briefing at the 2013 CES show.
New interface methods will revolutionise how we interact with computers
Windows 8 is supposed to be Microsoft's majestic OS reset -- a dramatic overhaul designed to usher the Windows platform into the age of mobility. And Windows 8 is also Microsoft's bid to achieve feature parity with iOS and Android, the other two OS p...
The future of Hewlett-Packard's PC business may be a bit cloudy, but that's not stopping the industry leader from forging ahead with new consumer products. The world's largest computer-maker has announced an upgrade and price drop to the very popular...
Suggestions that the PC is dead are greatly exaggerated. Flexibility, innovation and users' storage needs will keep it around a good long while.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Monitorless concept swaps your PC display for augmented sunglasses
- AMD Ryzen benchmark preview: Ryzen 7 outperforms Intel's best
- AMD's Ryzen launches March 2, outperforming Intel's Core i7 at a fraction of the price
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTLead PMONSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW