Companies that move the bulk of their IT operations to Cloud services can end up realising significant overall cost savings, according to a study by analyst firm, Computer Economics.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
Tech stocks looked strong Friday morning on the back of a week of upbeat surveys on small business and online spending, positive news about enterprise hardware and hopeful reports on U.S. employment and the European debt crisis.
Forty-six percent of North American IT shops are planning to cut positions this year, up from 24 percent last year, with one-quarter planning to slash staff by 10 percent or more, according to a newly released study by Computer Economics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia