Companies that move the bulk of their IT operations to Cloud services can end up realising significant overall cost savings, according to a study by analyst firm, Computer Economics.
While Windows 8 is getting blamed for dismal PC sales, upgrading laptops and desktop systems isn't a priority for business users, according to new research.
As the economy improves and at least some of the concerns about the so-called U.S. "fiscal cliff" are resolved, desire for new mobile, analytics and storage technology will drive IT spending this year, according to market researchers and economists.
Tech stocks looked strong Friday morning on the back of a week of upbeat surveys on small business and online spending, positive news about enterprise hardware and hopeful reports on U.S. employment and the European debt crisis.
Forty-six percent of North American IT shops are planning to cut positions this year, up from 24 percent last year, with one-quarter planning to slash staff by 10 percent or more, according to a newly released study by Computer Economics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- How the Watch could fuel Apple's next growth spurt
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW