Chip manufacturing company GlobalFoundries on Thursday said it plans to open a factory in Abu Dhabi as it expands worldwide operations.
HP's TouchPad could emerge as a viable competitor to Apple's iPad tablet in a burgeoning market filled with disappointing competitors, industry analysts said this week.
Sean Maloney will return to the spotlight as one of Intel's most important executives on May 31 after several months of medical leave and a gradual return to work at the processor giant.
ARM Holdings is seeking the support of software makers for its plan to put its low-power processors in servers, company executives said this week.
Intel is in talks with major Asian PC makers that could see new laptops released as early as December this year that feature fast, battery-saving processor technology announced by the company at a financial analyst's meeting on Tuesday.
Intel on Tuesday showed a prototype smartphone based on its low-power Medfield processor and said Intel-based phones from "major players" would be in the market next year.
Intel will dramatically shake up its microprocessor road map to meet the demand for very-low-power processors and to fend off the competitive threat from rival chip design company ARM, CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Nvidia on Tuesday announced the Tesla M2090 graphics processor, which the company calls the world's fastest "parallel processor" for high-performance computing.
HP scientists have made a small breakthrough in the development of a next-generation memory technology called memristors, which some see as a potential replacement for today's widely used flash and DRAM technologies.
A U.S. appeals court has ruled on two patent lawsuits that pit Rambus against two competing DRAM makers, sending both cases back to district courts for reconsideration.
The creative lighting, strange sounds and odd look of the project attracted large crowds at the Computer Human Interaction conference. Called the Humanaquarium, the large plexiglass box housed two musicians whose performance could be controlled by au...
Rambus on Thursday said it has agreed to acquire security technology company Cryptography Research (CRI) for US$342.5 million in a cash and stock deal. The move could help the company address interest among chip makers to add security features on har...
There is no shortage of criticism about the cloud, about its lack of interoperability, fear of vendor lock-in as well as the security risks.
Via Technologies announced a new quad-core x86 processor on Thursday, saying it is "the lowest power quad core processor on the market today."
Apple's possible move from Intel x86 chips to ARM processors for its MacBooks is feasible, but not practical over the next few years because of technical and performance issues, analysts said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW