Nvidia is bringing its G-Sync desktop display technology to laptops, which should lead to dramatic improvements in gaming for portable PCs.
Millions of 4K displays have been sold, and Nvidia believes its new GeForce GTX980 Ti graphics processor will give desktops the muscle to play the growing number of 4K games.
More Windows devices with Intel's Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail were announced this week, giving the Microsoft OS an early lead over Android, which is not yet in any tablet based on the new chips.
Avago Technologies is in advanced talks to acquire Broadcom in a potential deal that could mark the latest consolidation in the global semiconductor industry, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
U.S. and Chinese researchers have developed semiconductor chips that are nearly entirely made out of wood-derived material.
Cell phones are constantly transmitting radio signals, whose energy can also be used to boost the battery life of mobile devices.
Heated competition in the smartphone and tablet markets has required chip makers to speed up the pace at which they release new processors, the CEO of ARM said in an interview this week.
These are great! But be patient, 'cause they need a bit more time to be fully baked.
Apple's decision not to include Thunderbolt in its super-slim 12-inch MacBook hasn't discouraged Intel from continuing the development of the high-speed connector technology.
A startup company with some very big-name backers has just come out of stealth mode and revealed a business plan that could turn bitcoin mining -- and even the economics of selling chips and smartphones -- on its head.
ARM's next major CPU design could be here sooner than you think.
Struggling display manufacturer Sharp, reeling from fierce competition in smartphones, will push automakers to incorporate vehicle dashboards that have gestural commands, thin bezels and other next-generation features.
The stars of smartphones want to become legends in the Internet of Things, a world that could become much bigger than cellular but will require more than handset experience for a winning run.
Fujitsu unlocks smartphone with iris ... Russian cybergroup stalks U.S. bank customers ... Online video pushes up cloud power consumption ... and more tech news
Intel is expanding its custom server chip program by integrating a special processing unit that could speed up specific applications in cloud computing environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW