Toshiba is hoping developers will use its application processors to build wearable devices, and has launched hardware and software development kits to help make it happen.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
Facebook's mobile traffic dominates...Google, Box step up enterprise tools...Russian malware targeted the White House...and more tech news.
As questions persist about the longevity of Moore's Law, an analyst has predicted some specific ways that Intel will keep it going for at least the next few years.
In Pictures: Tech's ticking time bombs - The components you might (and might not) expect to wear out
Your computer's next point of failure might be further up the stack than you think
A plan by Qualcomm to get Samsung Electronics to make its Snapdragon 820 chip could lead to faster smartphones, offering longer battery life by early next year.
If you're buying a new 12-inch MacBook and scrambling to find cables that work with the laptop's new USB Type-C port, you have more options than Apple's pricey cables.
Until now, there hasn't been a true 4K computer monitor that can plug into Thunderbolt ports, but LG may have solved that problem with a new display it has introduced.
Telecommunications equipment maker Oki Electric Industry has developed sound technology that can zero in on a speaker while disregarding ambient noise.
The PC business enjoyed a bit of a revival last year as companies replaced older systems running Windows XP. Those upgrades are mostly done now, and the slower market has hit Intel's financial results.
Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
Sharp has developed a 5.5-inch display with 3860 x 2160 pixel resolution, which is equivalent to "ultra high definition," also known as 4K.
The U.S.'s recent denial of Intel chips for China's fastest supercomputer could derail an upgrade to double the machine's processing power.
Intel has shown what it calls the "world's first no-wires" laptop, which has wireless charging and can connect to peripherals without cables.
Erwin Liu is the CEO of a fledgling Chinese startup, and he's been the happy recipient of free chips from Intel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Senate heads toward vote on CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- Acer's new Windows 10 laptops arrive with Chromebook-like prices
- Microsoft updates program to encourage diversity in partner law firms
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC