Nvidia wants graphics processors to create avatars with realistic human faces, and power visual searches in which images can be identified to produce matching search results.
Warren East, the outgoing CEO of UK chip design company ARM, has never displayed the bravado of his counterparts across the Atlantic, and that was on show Tuesday when he explained his surprise decision to leave the company on July 1.
Nvidia wants to bump up graphics and application performance on tablets and smartphones with the two new Tegra mobile processors.
Simon Segars will become ARM CEO when Warren East retires July 1, the company said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard misled IT buyers about plans to phase out its Itanium server platform and in the process stole potential sales from Oracle and other rivals, costing Oracle about US$95 million in profits, the company plans to testify in a jury trial s...
Hewlett-Packard may seek damages of $US4 billion to $US4.2 billion from Oracle in its lawsuit over support for Itanium server architecture.
Chip maker, ST-Ericsson, will be wound down as parents STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have decided to take over some parts of the company, including LTE modems and application processors, and close or sell the rest.
Sharp will postpone a US$60 million investment from Qualcomm that was to come this month, after the two companies were unable to establish test production of a new type of low-power display for mobile devices.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
Samsung Electronics has promoted the heads of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses to share leadership along with the existing boss who oversees components, as the company looks to strengthen the independence of its massive internal divisio...
Molten, the Japanese maker of sporting equipment, is preparing to launch an outdoor scoreboard with a large display made from e-paper, as the technology continues to expand from electronic readers into the mainstream.
The 10 biggest leaps forward in the look and feel of the Linux desktops
As demand for PC processors plummets, Advanced Micro Devices has borrowed technologies from mobile devices and gaming consoles as a way to perk up sales for its latest A-series laptop processors.
Qualcomm has a big, well-funded research and development operation, but its program for commercializing new innovations is still a learning experience for the wireless chip maker.
ST-Ericsson's CEO Didier Lamouche has decided to resign from his post as owner Ericsson looks for a way to ensure its future.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- Want to live on Mars with 1M of your closest friends?
- Mozilla tests ad-blocking feature in Firefox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW