Graphics processors with 3D transistors could come to smartphones and tablets through a technology collaboration between Imagination Technologies and contract chip maker TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.).
The Windows 8 Metro application ecosystem is evolving. Here are 17 early entrants worth adding to your tablet or PC
Exploring methods of computing without silicon, IBM has found a way to make transistors that could be fashioned into virtual circuitry that mimics how the human brain operates.
Nvidia wants graphics processors to create avatars with realistic human faces, and power visual searches in which images can be identified to produce matching search results.
Warren East, the outgoing CEO of UK chip design company ARM, has never displayed the bravado of his counterparts across the Atlantic, and that was on show Tuesday when he explained his surprise decision to leave the company on July 1.
Nvidia wants to bump up graphics and application performance on tablets and smartphones with the two new Tegra mobile processors.
Simon Segars will become ARM CEO when Warren East retires July 1, the company said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard misled IT buyers about plans to phase out its Itanium server platform and in the process stole potential sales from Oracle and other rivals, costing Oracle about US$95 million in profits, the company plans to testify in a jury trial s...
Hewlett-Packard may seek damages of $US4 billion to $US4.2 billion from Oracle in its lawsuit over support for Itanium server architecture.
Chip maker, ST-Ericsson, will be wound down as parents STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have decided to take over some parts of the company, including LTE modems and application processors, and close or sell the rest.
Sharp will postpone a US$60 million investment from Qualcomm that was to come this month, after the two companies were unable to establish test production of a new type of low-power display for mobile devices.
While U.S. markets have surged lately, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average hitting milestone after milestone in 10 straight days of advances, a relatively modest increase in the value of IT company shares reflects the reality that a rising tide wil...
Samsung Electronics has promoted the heads of its mobile and consumer electronics businesses to share leadership along with the existing boss who oversees components, as the company looks to strengthen the independence of its massive internal divisio...
Molten, the Japanese maker of sporting equipment, is preparing to launch an outdoor scoreboard with a large display made from e-paper, as the technology continues to expand from electronic readers into the mainstream.
The 10 biggest leaps forward in the look and feel of the Linux desktops
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD