Nvidia is expecting Tegra chip revenue to drop by as much as 40 per cent this year, with the company indirectly blaming Microsoft's Windows RT OS for the decline.
Intel is developing a version of its energy-efficient "Bay Trail" Atom chip for embedded devices, which can include products like car computers, robots and set-top boxes.
These human-like robots could be the first responders to major disasters in the future
IBM will license designs of the Power microprocessor architecture to other companies including Google, in an effort to expand use of the architecture and reverse declines in its systems hardware business.
The latest beta of Canonical's Linux smartphone system shows the outlines of a possible winner
Samsung has started making flash storage chips that it claims will be twice as fast and up to 10 times more durable than the current flash storage used in mobile devices.
Startup Crossbar emerged from stealth mode Monday to announce its version of RRAM (resistive random-access memory), a new type of memory that could be a successor to flash storage and DRAM.
Tech stocks had an upbeat week as industry watchers appear to be looking at the positive side of earnings from Internet, consumer electronics and networking companies.
A Samsung eight-core chip used in some Galaxy S4 smartphone models is now available for hackers to play with on a developer board from South Korea-based Hardkernel.
Eight-core processors are "dumb," as the consumer wants an experience that comes from more than just throwing cores together, a Qualcomm executive said, referring to new eight-core chips announced recently.
The decades-old legacy of Motorola as a semiconductor innovator remains alive, with Google providing its Motorola Mobility unit a fresh start in chip design with the X8 chip system, which will be used in the upcoming Droid and Moto X smartphones.
Researchers in Silicon Valley have managed to observe electrical switching that is thousands of times faster than transistors used in today's computer chips. Their work could lead to a better understanding of how transistors work at the atomic level ...
In the ongoing quest for faster access to data, Diablo Technologies has taken what could be a significant next step.
Samsung Electronics said sales and profits soared in the second quarter from a year ago, but increasing competition in smartphones hurt performance in its core mobile division.
Smartphone and tablet chip vendor MediaTek has unveiled an octo-core processor it says can run all eight cores simultaneously when active.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW