Oracle's database and high-performance workloads will run faster with the company's latest SPARC M6 chip, which has been tuned specially for the company's applications.
A 110-core chip has been developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology as it looks for power-efficient ways to boost performance in mobile devices, PCs and servers.
Intel is expected to announce availability next week of a low-power Atom server chip code-named Avoton, which is likely to appear soon in systems such as Hewlett-Packard's Moonshot.
As the trend famously codified by Intel co-founder Gordon Moore -- that the number of transistors on an integrated circuit would double every two years -- seems to be flagging, one top engineer suggests that it is time to rethink chip design to buy p...
A version of Google Glass for people who already wear glasses will arrive in a few months, the head of the Google project said Monday.
IBM for the first time revealed details on Monday of its 12-core Power8 chip, which is twice as fast as the Power7 chip used in the Watson supercomputer.
Microsoft's upcoming Xbox One gaming console will contain a custom chip the company designed in conjunction with Advanced Micro Devices with the aim of delivering maximum graphics performance, presenters said Monday at Microsoft's Hot Chips conferenc...
Intel is putting a sharp focus on expanding its custom processor and chip operations in response to a growing trend of companies building servers in-house to meet specific workloads or data center designs.
Industry consortium HSA Foundation intends to bring native support for parallel acceleration in Java virtual machines, which would make it easier to tap into multiple processors like graphics processors to speed up code execution.
Toshiba has kicked off a project that is the first step toward a new type of memory chip that could provide vastly greater capacity at a lower cost for digital gadgets such as cameras, smartphones and tablets.
The performance and battery life of smartphones and tablets may not match the numbers provided by device makers, but development is under way on a tool that could bring consistency to the measurement of those metrics.
Intel plans to become a leader in wireless and will ship its first multimode LTE processor later this month as part of that drive.
Intel, increasingly customising server chips for customers, is now tuning chips for workloads in Big Data.
The market for x86 open-source PCs is now a two-horse race, with GizmoSphere releasing schematics and design documents for hobbyists to build from scratch a Windows 8 computer based on open design.
Intel is looking to use light and lasers to shuffle data faster among servers, and is proposing a new optical interconnect, MXC, that could change the way servers are implemented in data centers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
- Samsung’s massive 15TB SSD can be yours -- for about $10K
- Warning: The new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance PC ports are a disastrous mess
- After delays, Lenovo finally ships its first OLED laptop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW