Augmented reality, image recognition and other multimedia features could be standard in future smartphones and tablets, and Nvidia's upcoming Tegra 5 mobile chip will have features to handle such demanding graphics capabilities.
Intel says it will increase the battery life of tablets and hybrid PCs that use its microprocessors, with new low-power Haswell chips that will start shipping later this year.
Intel has updated its road map with a new, low-power server chip to help it ward off competition from Calxeda and other makers of low-power chips.
In their heyday, analog computers handled heavy-duty math, scientific and industrial applications.
Though software sales provided a ray of light in otherwise mixed results this week, gloom settled over the tech sector Friday in the wake of bellwether IT quarterly earnings reports.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes for financial stability after years of struggles, but analysts said that a volatile PC market could derail the chip designer's progress.
Panasonic and its subsidiary Sanyo have agreed to plead guilty to price fixing conspiracies involving laptop battery cells and automotive parts. They will pay a total of $56.5 million in criminal fines, the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
Acquisitions, culture change have kept Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer busy
Upcoming Atom chips from Intel will appear in tablets priced as low as US$150, the company's CEO said Wednesday, vowing that Intel will not get caught flat footed again by "the next big thing."
Intel reported another drop in profits for the second quarter and narrowed its sales outlook for the full year, as the declining PC market continues to eat away at its business.
The computer hardware and software graphics market will grow in the coming years as applications become visually demanding, and employment opportunities in the field will expand, according to a study released on Tuesday.
Toshiba will soon launch the world's fastest SD cards, which will offer write speeds of up to 240MB/s.
Occupying a fantastic world where Charles Darwin meets Steve Jobs, steampunk-modded devices blend 19th- and early 20th-century styles with 21st-century tech. Get an eyeful of these cool and clever computers, cellphones, speakers and more.
LG Display has developed the world's thinnest full HD LCD display for smartphones, measuring just 2.2 millimeters thick.
From cool robots and unmanned aircraft to celebrity swatting and Moby Dick emoticons, it’s been an interesting high-tech year!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- GoPro Hero4 Session review: enduring the unforgiving New Zealand terrain
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW