Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Here are nine incredibly useful Chrome apps for working with data, clients, projects, and more.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
Communications chip maker Broadcom is cutting approximately 1,150 jobs, nearly one-tenth of its workforce, as part of a global restructuring.
Apple's A7 chip has trickled down to the latest iPad Air after being introduced in the iPhone 5S, and users will see more benefits of the 64-bit chip in tablets than in smartphones, analysts say.
The HSA Foundation has released a new specification that could help run programs faster across devices with different configurations, which should make it easier to export games and applications from gaming consoles to PCs and smartphones.
Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 are due for release next month, but chip supplier Advanced Micro Devices is already teasing chip upgrades that could make the game consoles faster and more power-efficient.
Apple is warning customers that solid-state drives in some MacBook Airs are failing and is offering free replacements.
Sharp has started mass production of its high-definition IGZO screens for smartphones, which could lead to crisper and sharper displays on the phone in your pocket.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. saw net profit for the third quarter rise 5 percent year on year as revenue hit a record, but the chipmaker warned that this could slip later in the year due to a slowdown in demand for high-end smartphones.
New Tilera co-processors tuned for Hadoop, video and networking applications can free up the primary CPUs of x86 servers to run other applications.
If you want to avoid traffic accidents or aren't very good at parking, the latest SoC (System-on-Chip) from Texas Instruments offers relief.
Intel's recently introduced Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will be in 10 tablets and hybrids by the end of November, when the holiday shopping season takes off in the U.S.
Fresh off the heels of Samsung's new Gumby-y handset, the Galaxy Round, we've gotten our purported first look of the curved G-Flex phone from LG that is widely expected to be unveiled next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW