A speedier successor to the ThinkPad Tablet 2 is being developed by Lenovo as the company tries to add more tablets to its mix of personal computing portfolio.
ARM has released designs for two new Mali GPU cores, including a 16-core part that should help bring higher-end capabilities like video-editing and gesture recognition to mobile devices.
LG is flexing its muscle in smartphone technology with a new handset that boasts a curved touchscreen, along with a special "self healing" technology that the company claims can prevent scratches on the phone's casing.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Here are nine incredibly useful Chrome apps for working with data, clients, projects, and more.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
Communications chip maker Broadcom is cutting approximately 1,150 jobs, nearly one-tenth of its workforce, as part of a global restructuring.
Apple's A7 chip has trickled down to the latest iPad Air after being introduced in the iPhone 5S, and users will see more benefits of the 64-bit chip in tablets than in smartphones, analysts say.
The HSA Foundation has released a new specification that could help run programs faster across devices with different configurations, which should make it easier to export games and applications from gaming consoles to PCs and smartphones.
Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 are due for release next month, but chip supplier Advanced Micro Devices is already teasing chip upgrades that could make the game consoles faster and more power-efficient.
Apple is warning customers that solid-state drives in some MacBook Airs are failing and is offering free replacements.
Sharp has started mass production of its high-definition IGZO screens for smartphones, which could lead to crisper and sharper displays on the phone in your pocket.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. saw net profit for the third quarter rise 5 percent year on year as revenue hit a record, but the chipmaker warned that this could slip later in the year due to a slowdown in demand for high-end smartphones.
New Tilera co-processors tuned for Hadoop, video and networking applications can free up the primary CPUs of x86 servers to run other applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPReporting AnalystQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC