LG is flexing its muscle in smartphone technology with a new handset that boasts a curved touchscreen, along with a special "self healing" technology that the company claims can prevent scratches on the phone's casing.
Dell will give its first public demonstration of a 64-bit ARM server this week, the latest step in an industrywide effort to build servers based on low-power chips like those used in smartphones.
Here are nine incredibly useful Chrome apps for working with data, clients, projects, and more.
IBM has licensed smartphone and tablet processor designs from ARM, which will be used in new communications and networking gear.
A new ARM architecture for embedded chips could boost the power and precision of systems used in a variety of products, including car brakes, medical devices and factory systems.
Communications chip maker Broadcom is cutting approximately 1,150 jobs, nearly one-tenth of its workforce, as part of a global restructuring.
Apple's A7 chip has trickled down to the latest iPad Air after being introduced in the iPhone 5S, and users will see more benefits of the 64-bit chip in tablets than in smartphones, analysts say.
The HSA Foundation has released a new specification that could help run programs faster across devices with different configurations, which should make it easier to export games and applications from gaming consoles to PCs and smartphones.
Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 are due for release next month, but chip supplier Advanced Micro Devices is already teasing chip upgrades that could make the game consoles faster and more power-efficient.
Apple is warning customers that solid-state drives in some MacBook Airs are failing and is offering free replacements.
Sharp has started mass production of its high-definition IGZO screens for smartphones, which could lead to crisper and sharper displays on the phone in your pocket.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. saw net profit for the third quarter rise 5 percent year on year as revenue hit a record, but the chipmaker warned that this could slip later in the year due to a slowdown in demand for high-end smartphones.
New Tilera co-processors tuned for Hadoop, video and networking applications can free up the primary CPUs of x86 servers to run other applications.
If you want to avoid traffic accidents or aren't very good at parking, the latest SoC (System-on-Chip) from Texas Instruments offers relief.
Intel's recently introduced Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will be in 10 tablets and hybrids by the end of November, when the holiday shopping season takes off in the U.S.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- CCProgramme and Project SchedulerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD