Intel will release new Atom chips for smartphones and tablets next year as it chases a goal of boosting mobile chip graphics performance by 15 times and CPU performance by five times by 2016.
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Intel is offering contract manufacturing to any company that wants advanced silicon.
Tablets with 64-bit versions of the Android OS and Intel Atom chips code-named Bay Trail will become available next year, Intel said on Thursday.
Cool Yule Tools 2013: Our Tester Elf-approved picks for awesome gadgety goodness
Mobile device chips coming next year from Qualcomm will be able to use wide spectrum bands that carriers are beginning to patch together with new technology, but its lofty performance claims need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Qualcomm wants to make tablets and smartphones more perceptive by giving the devices a "silicon brain," company CEO Paul Jacobs said Wednesday.
Micron is challenging conventional computer architectures conceived decades ago with Automata, a highly parallel processor that can change its behavior to process the task at hand.
Qualcomm has introduced a mobile chip that will play back 4K video on smartphones and tablets in addition to supporting the latest 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Whether or not you think eight-core smartphone chips are a marketing gimmick, Taiwan's MediaTek could help make them a norm in the Chinese market, putting pressure on Qualcomm's own business in the country.
Here are our picks for the coolest ones for your list
In the rush to exascale computing, Intel is making a small change that could have a big impact on system design with its upcoming Xeon Phi chip.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
IBM achieved a computing breakthrough when the Watson supercomputer outperformed humans in game show "Jeopardy," but the company now wants to supercharge its high-end Power servers by tapping into graphics processors for the first time.
Nvidia has made improvements to its underlying software tools to make it easier to write programs for faster execution across CPUs and graphics processors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLead Business Analyst - multiple rolesVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCOracle Payroll Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW