Qualcomm hit with European antitrust probe...Intel slows down Moore's Law...Law enforcement shuts down hacking forum...and more tech news.
Connected home device makers can already see the guts of future products that will use the Thread wireless protocol. Now's a good time to get those going, judging from a new Internet of Things forecast.
It's official: Moore's Law is slowing down.
Intel's revenue and profit both dropped last quarter as people held off on buying new PCs ahead of the Windows 10 launch later this year.
Hewlett-Packard will use upcoming processor and network technologies from Intel to build new server systems that aim to expand high-performance computing into new markets, including big data workloads at large enterprises.
LG announced on Monday that it will introduce a thinner and lighter touch LCD for 14- and 15.6-inch laptops later in 2015. The new display uses LG's Advanced In-Cell Touch (AIT) technology, which achieves extra thinness by embedding the touch capabil...
The Snapdragon 210 processor, which is meant to open the door for sub-$100 LTE smartphones, is off to a slow start. But that is about to change, according to Qualcomm.
Fancy a Mac or Windows 10 PC with Intel's new processors code-named Skylake? That will soon be possible: Intel will launch its first chips based on the new architecture in the first week of August.
Let's face it: batteries suck. The only reason battery life is getting better is because everything else in our devices is getting smaller. That allows manufacturers to make more room for the dang power pack without having to improve anything but the...
Engineers in Japan are making conductive inks that can be stretched to the extreme, adding to research on smart fabrics by Google, NTT and other groups in one sign of the possible future direction of wearables.
China's largest chip foundry is entering into a joint venture with Qualcomm to develop chips, at a time when the country is looking for technology to emerge as a semiconductor producing powerhouse.
Fingerprint authentication will become a lot more common on smartphones of all prices as sensors get cheaper -- and Google's integration of the technology in the next version of Android will make it much easier for app developers and service provider...
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
Japanese chipmaker Renesas Electronics is joining the rush to offer a hardware development platform for the Internet of Things (IoT).
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW