Samsung Electronics has begun mass production of 256-gigabit 3D vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash memories, clearing the way for higher-capacity memory that doesn't take up more room.
Lackluster demand for its flagship Galaxy S6 smartphone and higher marketing costs led Samsung Electronics to another quarter of falling sales and profits in the April to June period.
Intel, Micron unveil a new class of memory...Facebook's mobile revenue tipped to rise again...New drones help drivers with tricky deliveries...and more tech news.
The 3D XPoint memory technology that Intel and Micron announced Tuesday is new to its core and took years to develop, but that work may pay dividends in both living rooms and data centers.
To fill computers' voracious appetite for data, Intel and Micron say they've developed the first new kind of memory since NAND flash was introduced in 1989.
Qualcomm plans reorg... pressure grows on Apple Music probe... Microsoft fights revenge porn... and more tech news.
Qualcomm will cut costs by about $1.4 billion per year and study the possible sale of assets as part of a company realignment.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it breaks, buy a replacement part on eBay and stubbornly refuse to upgrade.
Qualcomm hit with European antitrust probe...Intel slows down Moore's Law...Law enforcement shuts down hacking forum...and more tech news.
Connected home device makers can already see the guts of future products that will use the Thread wireless protocol. Now's a good time to get those going, judging from a new Internet of Things forecast.
It's official: Moore's Law is slowing down.
Intel's revenue and profit both dropped last quarter as people held off on buying new PCs ahead of the Windows 10 launch later this year.
Hewlett-Packard will use upcoming processor and network technologies from Intel to build new server systems that aim to expand high-performance computing into new markets, including big data workloads at large enterprises.
LG announced on Monday that it will introduce a thinner and lighter touch LCD for 14- and 15.6-inch laptops later in 2015. The new display uses LG's Advanced In-Cell Touch (AIT) technology, which achieves extra thinness by embedding the touch capabil...
The Snapdragon 210 processor, which is meant to open the door for sub-$100 LTE smartphones, is off to a slow start. But that is about to change, according to Qualcomm.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW