Apple's focus on security means it will eventually offer Macs equipped with an ARM processor, Creative Strategies analyst Ben Bavarian said.
Intel is moving to slowly extricate itself from the PC market through a competitive process where every project in Intel's client PC business is being evaluated for its future prospects.
Intel's Core chips dominate PCs, but the company isn't giving up on its Pentium and Celeron brands.
Apple's Mac Pro is aging fast, especially with significantly faster Windows desktops being introduced in recent weeks.
Millions of people will buy VR headsets in the coming years to play games and view 3D content, and those sales could spark a real-world war among chip-makers.
Qualcomm's upcoming server chips are being tested by top-tier cloud players, but now developers can also work with them through a new cloud service.
PC enthusiasts prefer either AMD or Intel chips, there's often no middle ground. But AMD believes its upcoming Zen chips will have crossover appeal to even the Intel faithful.
Raspberry Pi has an in-store treat on its fourth anniversary.
Plugging high-end gaming desktop hardware into a laptop may be a crazy idea, but CybertronPC has pulled it off.
Intel has just started shipping some of its fastest mobile chips to date, meaning new, powerful laptops should soon be on the market.
A few years ago, you wouldn't have bet on IBM Power systems having much of a future. But a new strategy to embrace Linux and open up the platform is starting to pay off.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
In a declining PC market, high-priced gaming desktops and laptops are thriving.
Toshiba Corporation has announced that Toshiba Group will implement a series of management measures under a Toshiba Revitalization Action Plan. This plan will include reducing its headcount by 6800, about 30 per cent of its global total.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCTechnical Consultant Applications & ServersACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC