In our review of AMD's Radeon R9 Fury, we discovered that the Fury X's air-cooled sibling packs a performance punch that justifies its competitive price tag. In fact, it punishes Nvidia's GTX 980 and proved to be the true champion of AMD's new Fiji l...
AMD's Radeon R9 Fury X kicks ass.
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
Can robots steer students towards careers in science and technology? Melissa Jawaharlal thinks so and she's built a robotics kit to prove it.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
For decades, scientists have fantasized about creating robots with brain-like intelligence. This year, researchers tempted by that dream made great progress on achieving what has been called the holy grail of computing.
What different advantages can a curved screen bring to a smartphone? Well, not a whole lot. But Samsung's newest smartphone, the Galaxy Round, comes off as a posh device that may be the company's best looking handset yet.
The 64-bit smartphone clash has been joined between rivals Apple and Samsung. But will everyday smartphone buyers even care, much less notice?
Although our battery tests have shown that, under heavy use, the fourth-generation iPad can last for more than 9 hours on a single charge, sometimes you need even more juice.
We've created a chart, pitting the ATIV Book 9 Plus against Acer's Aspire S7, Asus' Zenbook Infinity, Toshiba's KiraBook, Google's Chromebook Pixel and Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
You're packing for a trip. You've already crammed the chargers for your smartphone and laptop into your bag, but your tablet charger is MIA and you're debating whether to bring along a spare charger for your laptop--just in case.
They say that celebrity deaths come in threes. It appears that Mophie battery cases for the iPhone 5 come in twos. Just a couple weeks after releasing the Juice Pack Helium --the company's first battery case for the iPhone 5--Mophie has unveiled its ...
Active iPhone owners face a choice: They can use their phones with abandon; they can recharge the phone at some point during the day; or they can opt for a battery of some sort. I prefer an iPhone case that includes a built-in battery.
Samsung's recent licensing of 64-bit processor designs from ARM suggests that the chip maker may expand from smartphones and tablets into the server market, analysts said this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC