Forget about open standards for cable boxes. The Federal Communications Commission says all we really need are more apps.
Netflix’s war against poor speeds from Internet service providers (ISPs) has a new weapon: The company's Fast.com utility can tell you the download speed between your home and Netflix's servers.
Nintendo president Iwata dies...China tops supercomputer ranking again...Facebook wants to put music videos in your feed...and more tech news.
Predictions from net neutrality opponents that regulations would choke off broadband investment haven't come true, with several service providers announcing expansions in the four months since the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed new rul...
Consumer groups are cheering the news that Comcast abandoned its proposed US$45 billion acquisition of fellow cable and broadband provider Time Warner Cable, saying it's good for customers and demonstrates the power of Internet activism.
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
The most popular Web sites are under increasing pressure to add support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to IPv4, the Internet's main communications protocol.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW