IT administrators of the Office 365 cloud email and collaboration suite will now be able to check their management console from their mobile devices.
When BNSF Railway decided it would move its Microsoft email and collaboration systems from its own premises to a public cloud, it considered suites from various vendors, but ultimately picked Office 365.
Office Web Apps, the browser-based, pared-down version of the Microsoft suite, now lets people co-edit documents in real time, a capability its main rival Google Docs has had for more than two years.
In October 2011, Brainshark lunged at the chance to offer a better viewing experience for PowerPoint presentations on iOS devices, and this week the company is declaring its SlideShark app a success.
Jive revamped the employee directory of its enterprise social-networking suite to make it easier for users to find colleagues whose expertise they can tap.
Cisco will boost its enterprise collaboration stack with products designed to simplify the way companies secure communications, interact with external parties and manage their collaboration tools.
Tibco will release several add-ons next month for its Tibbr enterprise social networking (ESN) suite, aimed at boosting its file, task and content creation capabilities.
In another example of the blurred lines between business and personal computing, Whirlpool chose Google Apps because it's convinced Google's focus on consumers gives it a special innovation edge as a provider of enterprise software.
Microsoft has enhanced its Yammer enterprise social networking suite's mobile applications, email integration and document collaboration.
NewsGator wants its Social Sites add-on for SharePoint to handle companies' innovation cycles with a beefed-up set of capabilities for brainstorming, idea evaluation, concept development and execution.
Microsoft is pursuing the ideal of OS platforms: a unified code base that runs from smartphones to servers, giving users a consistent experience across devices at home and at work, and developers a common tool set for building applications.
Box, the Silicon Valley darling that has disrupted enterprise Cloud storage and file sharing, will broaden its scope into the content-creation space with a new online note-taking application.
Nonprofit organizations will be able to sign up for Office 365 for free or at a reduced price as part of a new program Microsoft launched on Tuesday.
While still afflicted with reticence over providing a native iPad version of Office, Microsoft has updated OneNote for iPad in a way that, according to the company, makes it independent from its desktop counterpart.
To prevent SharePoint Online customers from feeling boxed in, Microsoft wants to improve the way they upload and store documents in the platform, Office 365's cloud collaboration server.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCApplication Test AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW