Microsoft will roll out over the coming weeks enhanced administration tools for partners that manage their customers' Office 365 deployments.
IBM has created a cloud-hosted software suite designed for automating and improving human resources tasks.
Google took another step toward giving its Apps suite an enterprise social networking (ESN) component with the new activity stream feature for the Drive cloud storage piece.
A new enterprise version of Wrike's social project management software has been designed to let business and IT leaders monitor and control large groups of people and resources across departments.
Box is prepping a revamped IT administration console for its cloud storage and file sharing service that adds content management, security and workflow automation capabilities.
Huddle's enterprise content collaboration suite now has a native component for creating, editing and sharing documents, an attempt by the company to reduce its customers' usage of Microsoft's Word and OneNote applications.
An upgrade to Adobe's Connect Web meetings product allows people to log in using their social networking accounts and adds new options for how participants are displayed on the screen.
Citrix has started shipping a slimmed-down version of its GoToMeeting online meeting and video conferencing product that had been in beta testing since September.
In a major move for data portability, Google will let users download their entire set of Gmail messages in a single file and do the same with their Google Calendar items.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
SlideShare, a site for posting, sharing, viewing, rating and commenting primarily on business presentations, has given a makeover to its homepage.
Google Apps now offers administrators more IT controls over Hangouts, the communications tool that includes IM, audio chats and video conferencing.
IT administrators of the Office 365 cloud email and collaboration suite will now be able to check their management console from their mobile devices.
When BNSF Railway decided it would move its Microsoft email and collaboration systems from its own premises to a public cloud, it considered suites from various vendors, but ultimately picked Office 365.
Office Web Apps, the browser-based, pared-down version of the Microsoft suite, now lets people co-edit documents in real time, a capability its main rival Google Docs has had for more than two years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW