Cisco will target individual video conferencing users with new desktop devices and a cloud-based service, a move that complements a recent announcement focused on outfitting small and mid-size office meeting rooms.
Microsoft is pulling the plug on a new model of deploying and hosting apps for SharePoint that relied on the company's Azure platform.
Microsoft has released a new version of its Lync client for Android that now works on tablets as well as smartphones, expanding the footprint of its fast-growing unified communications product.
Box has begun rolling out Notes, the lightweight note-taking application it announced in September, making its first foray into content creation and office productivity tools.
Rocked recently by reports that it has delayed its IPO, Box has rebounded with a major customer win, snapping up General Electric, which plans to roll out the cloud storage and file sharing service to its 300,000 employees worldwide.
Cisco has put out to pasture its WebEx Social enterprise social networking (ESN) suite, opting instead to partner with Jive Software.
Google will no longer scan the email messages of students and other school staff who use its Google Apps for Education suite, exempting about 30 million users from the chronically controversial practice for Gmail advertising.
SAP is making good on a promise to migrate its Ariba e-commerce software to the Hana in-memory computing platform, and says an initial step has already produced staggering performance improvements.
The surprising departure of Google+ chief Vic Gundotra has ignited uncertainty and speculation about the product's future, including its place in the workplace Apps suite.
Google did little during its first-quarter earnings report to shush critics who say its Enterprise unit is a second-class citizen in its kingdom.
Google and Cisco are teaming up in the enterprise collaboration market, bundling WebEx with Chromebooks and integrating the Cisco Web conferencing and online meeting product with Google Apps.
Unify has set a timetable for the launch of its Project Ansible unified communications product, with beta testing scheduled for May.
Cisco unveiled Wednesday an array of video conferencing products as it seeks to provide video collaboration systems for meeting rooms of all sizes.
People can now earn a finder's fee when they refer customers to Google for its Apps email and collaboration suite.
Microsoft didn't disappoint with the new and improved capabilities it announced and demonstrated for Office 365 this week, but how well they work in the real world remains to be seen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake
- IPhones dial in larger Apple profit in fourth quarter
- Telephony vendor Mitel goes public with $540M bid for ShoreTel
- Office Mix now lets PowerPoint users create on the fly
- Are higher frequencies mobile's next frontier? The FCC wants to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW