Apple's rumored iTunes-in-the-cloud service may be called iCloud, and the iOS maker may have paid as much as $4.5 million to acquire the new name, according to online rumors.
Last week's outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute, and specifically the company's lack of communications around that outage, point out the importance of transparency when working with a cloud provider.
The outage in Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud service last week highlighted the limitations of load balancing and failover systems designed to keep applications running in case of failure. But Amazon isn't the only cloud vendor whose systems can't gua...
Having closed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, Attachmate now is eyeing cloud service providers as potential customers for the company's newly acquired Suse Linux platform. The company also plans to continue promoting Suse for deployment on ma...
The BlackBerry servers enterprises have installed in their data centers won't be able to connect to the Exchange Online portion of Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service, but RIM plans to have a cloud-based BlackBerry email service move into beta once ...
One of CIOs' biggest concerns about the infrastructure-as-a-service model has been the loss of control over assets and management that enterprises might experience upon moving into a multi-tenant environment. While analysts and early adopters of infr...
In his book "Predictably Irrational," Dan Ariely cites a study conducted at an upscale Menlo Park grocery store (speaking of which, how irrational is it that the Kindle version of this book costs $9.99, while the paperback version costs only $9.29 .....
Amazon.com has promised to provide a "detailed post-mortem" on the root causes of the prolonged outage of its cloud services in recent days. Users of the Amazon services, meanwhile, may also have to explain how they got caught up in the outage.
Despite the heightened focus on cloud availability and uptime caused by Amazon's prolonged service outage last week, security will likely remain the bigger long-term concern for enterprises, analysts say.
On the heels of the controversial Amazon EC2 cloud outage last week, research firm Forrester published a timely report on the growth potential of the major public cloud categories.
Over the past year, four cloud storage service providers have said they're shutting down and Amazon's cloud services have been problematic since Thursday.
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
Google will allow companies to sign up users for its paid <a href="http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html">Apps for Business</a> hosted collaboration and communication suite on a month-to-month basis, without having to commit them to ...
Dell has updated its Boomi software to make it easier to exchange data between public cloud services and on-premise applications, in anticipation of greater use of public clouds by large organizations.
You know an industry has reached critical mass when vendors start developing software for it, and that time has come for medical marijuana.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT