Out of nowhere, Apple is rumored to reveal a new product over the weekend, sending Apple Stores into lockdown mode on Saturday night to prepare.
A potential DDoS attack on Heroku, the Ruby platform-as-a-service provider now owned by Salesforce.com, is creating availability issues for its customers.
In the hopes of simplifying cloud operations for organizations, VMware has launched a federated sign-on service for cloud applications. The service can extend internal user directories to cloud services without disclosing user names or passwords, the...
The European Commission wants feedback on how to manage its cloud computing strategy for Europe, where legislation is trailing behind the new technology.
Dropbox, a provider of cloud-based data storage services, is in hot water with the Federal Trade Commission over claims that it lied and intentionally deceived customers into believing that their data is more private and secure than it really is. Whe...
Turning to Internet services instead of in-house servers appeals to companies seeking lean, mobile operations. The "cloud" is a hot buzzword, but moving the bulk of your infrastructure and data there isn't right for every business. Most small compani...
Microsoft's Business Online Professional Services (BPOS) experienced a series of major outages spanning days and impacting productivity for BPOS customers. The outage is just the latest demonstration of the potential issues with moving entirely to th...
Hoping to ease customers' migration to the cloud, NetApp has released a reference architecture for deploying its storage systems as part of a Microsoft Hyper-V cloud system.
Boston-based Bay Cove Human Services is a non-profit organization that offers assistance and service to 4,000 people and families in Massachusetts. CIO Hilary Croach has several technology challenges to contend with. For starters, the agency has its ...
Microsoft kicked off its annual TechEd conference Monday much the way it did last year's, heavily touting cloud computing as a more efficient way for businesses to run IT operations. This year, however, company executives provided more details about ...
VMware has entered into an agreement to acquire Shavlik Technologies, a company that develops traditional and cloud-based management products for small and medium-sized businesses, helping them to manage, monitor and secure both physical and virtual ...
SAP and Dell are expanding their relationship in the areas of cloud computing and in-memory databases, the companies will announce on Monday during the Sapphire conference in Orlando.
Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Cloud computing will once again be a major theme for this year's Microsoft Tech Ed conference, according to the company. And attendees seem to be interested in finding out how the cloud can be used in conjunction with their own operations.
Google took another step toward the enterprise this week when executives unveiled the "Chromebook," a notebook PC that could boost both its new operating system and cloud apps.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCMultiple Infrastructure ArchitectsWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT