As organizations move more of their applications to the cloud, they might find themselves needing skills different from what their system administrators now possess, according to IT executive panel discussions on cloud computing on Wednesday.
Microsoft and VMware are the enemies of interoperability, and only open source software can prevent cloud lock-in.
Companies that move to the cloud have a whole host of decisions, one of the first being whether to develop their own software on top of a cloud infrastructure or to attempt to customize an existing cloud service.
The Amazon Web Services Management Console can now handle Identity and Access Management (IAM) features offered in its cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
In its ongoing effort to automate the management of private and public clouds, VMware has integrated Microsoft's Active Directory with its vCenter Orchestrator tool, the company <a href="http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator/2011/05/vcenter-orchestrat...
Despite concerns that Oracle would be unfriendly to open source projects acquired through the merger with Sun, former MySQL CEO Marten Mickos says the MySQL code base is in fantastic condition.
Brocade today unveiled its plan for migrating customers to distributed, virtualized, Cloud-based data centers, along with products supporting that plan.
For a company that's known as the dominant player in the cloud market, Amazon's troubles on Thursday means a black eye for the company and for the cloud in general.
Acronis, best known for its imaging software, today released the latest version of its backup and recovery software, which combines file and bare metal backup and restoration.
References to what may be a code name for Apple's rumored iCloud service are reported found in the latest developer preview of Mac OS X Lion by the French blog Consomac.
You can do anything for 30 days, right? I mean, it's only one month. How hard can it be? Well, I'm going to find out because today is the day I start my new project: "30 Days With..."
Most cloud applications have development (or at least scripting) capabilities that allow for deep customization plus some level of database access and computational capabilities. But even the best of the cloud applications must put in limiters for th...
VMware's attempt to recover from an outage in its brand-new cloud computing service inadvertently caused a second outage the next day, the company said.
Amazon has posted an essay-length explanation of the cloud outage that took offline some of the Web's most popular services last week. In summary, it appears that human error during an system upgrade meant a redundant backup network for the Elastic B...
Apple has purchased the domain "icloud.com," which it will use as the name of its new online music and storage locker service, several reports have claimed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 2 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 3 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 4 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 5 Apple Watch review: saving time
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tries to calm furor with huge 'mea culpa'
- Winners of our ESET Antivirus competition announced
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- Microsoft's new Tossup app tries to simplify getting friends together
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW