Microsoft and VMware are the enemies of interoperability, and only open source software can prevent cloud lock-in.
Companies that move to the cloud have a whole host of decisions, one of the first being whether to develop their own software on top of a cloud infrastructure or to attempt to customize an existing cloud service.
The Amazon Web Services Management Console can now handle Identity and Access Management (IAM) features offered in its cloud, the company said on Tuesday.
In its ongoing effort to automate the management of private and public clouds, VMware has integrated Microsoft's Active Directory with its vCenter Orchestrator tool, the company <a href="http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator/2011/05/vcenter-orchestrat...
Despite concerns that Oracle would be unfriendly to open source projects acquired through the merger with Sun, former MySQL CEO Marten Mickos says the MySQL code base is in fantastic condition.
Brocade today unveiled its plan for migrating customers to distributed, virtualized, Cloud-based data centers, along with products supporting that plan.
For a company that's known as the dominant player in the cloud market, Amazon's troubles on Thursday means a black eye for the company and for the cloud in general.
Acronis, best known for its imaging software, today released the latest version of its backup and recovery software, which combines file and bare metal backup and restoration.
References to what may be a code name for Apple's rumored iCloud service are reported found in the latest developer preview of Mac OS X Lion by the French blog Consomac.
You can do anything for 30 days, right? I mean, it's only one month. How hard can it be? Well, I'm going to find out because today is the day I start my new project: "30 Days With..."
Most cloud applications have development (or at least scripting) capabilities that allow for deep customization plus some level of database access and computational capabilities. But even the best of the cloud applications must put in limiters for th...
VMware's attempt to recover from an outage in its brand-new cloud computing service inadvertently caused a second outage the next day, the company said.
Amazon has posted an essay-length explanation of the cloud outage that took offline some of the Web's most popular services last week. In summary, it appears that human error during an system upgrade meant a redundant backup network for the Elastic B...
Apple has purchased the domain "icloud.com," which it will use as the name of its new online music and storage locker service, several reports have claimed.
Amazon has released a detailed postmortem and mea culpa about the partial outage of its cloud services platform last week and identified the culprit: A configuration error made during a network upgrade.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Cloudyn helps companies keep track of Microsoft Azure deployments
- Lebanese cyberespionage campaign hits defense, telecom, media firms worldwide
- Microsoft's Surface 3 starts at $499, eligible for free Windows 10 upgrade
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, March 31
- LG may introduce leather-covered flagship smartphone at April 28 event
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW