While Internet carriers may fret about Netflix, Hulu and other streaming media services saturating their bandwidth, Internet forefather Vint Cerf has a simple answer for this potential problem: Increase bandwidth exponentially.
Microsoft's BPOS Cloud-hosted communication and collaboration suite suffered an outage on Wednesday, the latest in a string of technical problems in recent months.
Simon Crosby, the former CTO of Citrix Systems' data center and cloud business, has formed a startup called Bromium that will aim to solve security problems in a cloud environment.
Box.net has integrated its cloud-hosted content management application with Google's Docs online office productivity suite.
Air transport industry IT specialist SITA will partner with network operator Orange Business Services to host cloud applications in six data centers around the world, the companies announced Wednesday.
SlideShare, a site for posting, viewing, rating and commenting on business presentations, documents and videos, is deepening its integration with LinkedIn, the professional networking site.
IBM on Monday announced two cloud-based disaster recovery services for businesses: the IBM SmartCloud Virtualized Server Recovery and the IBM SmartCloud Archive.
There's "the cloud" and then there's Windows Azure.
More vendors in the high-performance computing (HPC) sector need to become cloud-friendly and offer on-demand product licensing, according to Penguin Computing, which is offering a cloud that has been customized for HPC applications.
Researchers in Germany have found abundant security problems within Amazon's cloud-computing services due to its customers either ignoring or forgetting published security tips.
Purveyors of cloud storage services may be doing their customers, or themselves, a disservice by relying on imprecise metrics for billing, argued a researcher at a Usenix conference.
Microsoft is taking aim at some unspecified critics on the one-year anniversary of Office 2010, saying the product has sold a copy every second despite the rise of Google Apps and other cloud-based alternatives.
Last week's blog post, Cloud CIO: Yes, Your Job is at Risk, was one of the most widely-read-and definitely the most -post I've ever written for CIO.com. Clearly, the discussion of cloud computing's effect on a CIO's career struck a nerve with readers...
ORLANDO -- If speedy IT services are important, businesses should be shifting from traditional computing into virtualization in order to build a private cloud that, whether operated by their IT department or with help from a private cloud provider, w...
Cloud computing can cut the cost of running small workloads though may actually be more expensive for larger compute jobs, compared to the costs of running such work in-house, according to researchers from Pennsylvania State University.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC