Yahoo is discontinuing its distribution of the Hadoop platform and will instead focus on Apache Hadoop, the Hadoop Team at Yahoo said this week.
Oracle's database will be available in the second quarter as part of Amazon Web Services' Relational Database Service, the companies announced Tuesday.
Cambridge Technology Partners rode high on the client-server wave in the 1990s, and now its founders are planning to bring their magic to cloud computing with a new firm called Cloud Technology Partners.
Google rolled out a handful of improvements to Google Docs on Monday that make it an even more compelling business tool.
Joining Microsoft, Oracle, Google and others, IBM plans to offer a cloud-based office suite, the company announced on Monday.
Microsoft will give cloud customers a minimum of 12 months' notice before discontinuing online services, or making any "disruptive" changes or upgrades, in an effort to standardize the support life cycle for cloud-based software.
While using cloud-based applications solves some problems for IT administrators, it also creates new ones, including how to handle user identity management.
Demandbase unveiled on Wednesday a capability to integrate CRM with Web sites, with the intention to improve the user experience for target accounts by personalizing Web content.
Amazon's cloud is adding a service for sending bulk e-mail, saying it will eliminate the burden of "building large-scale e-mail solutions to send marketing and transactional messages."
Juniper posted fourth-quarter revenue well beyond Wall Street expectations.
Security start-up CloudPassage is offering two free services to protect cloud-based virtual servers by maintaining firewall policies and also checking for software vulnerabilities.
Cisco Systems today unveiled a cloud storage feature for its series of entry-level desktop NSS 300 Series Smart Storage storage arrays.
Amazon has added CloudWatch to the list of services that are integrated with its AWS (Amazon Web Services) Management Console, allowing IT staff to create alarms and troubleshoot from a browser.
IBM and the China-based Range Technology will build a cloud computing data center near Beijing that the companies claim will be Asia's largest by floor space.
Google is debuting on Tuesday a special category for education-related software in its Apps Marketplace, prompted by what it considers the success of its Apps for Education collaboration and communication suite.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LTE in Wi-Fi spectrum shows great potential, says NTT DoCoMo
- Sony serves up tennis swing-analyzing sensor in US, Canada
- Acer releases its own Chromebox, bringing the Google OS to desktops
- LG's high-end smartphone features trickle down to new L series
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW