Sir Bob Geldof has launched a campaign for simpler technology, and believes cloud computing will be a key enabler.
When Ben Fried left his post as IT managing director at Morgan Stanley and took over as Google's CIO in May 2008, he knew what he was getting into: supporting a user base full of technology experts and computer industry stars, like co-founders Larry ...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Motorola announced the Atrix smartphone at the Consumer Electronics Show, and while many have been concentrating on its 4G connectivity and clever desktop dock that lets it run a cut-down Linux desktop on a full-sized monitor, nearly everybody has mi...
It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
Companies interested in taking advantage of what cloud computing has to offer, but reluctant to trust sensitive information off-site now have a new alternative with Microsoft's Windows Azure Platform appliance. Microsoft has teamed up with strategic ...
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
If Dell's cloud server lab is a candy shop for geeks, littered with components and exotic system designs, then Jimmy Pike is the Willy Wonka of servers.
I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
During the early days of technological development, IT was traditionally seen as a nice embellishment to any company's operations, providing any firm with the right push in being competitively advantageous against other companies.
Cloud computing. For some, the term is wildly nebulous. Not long ago, even Oracle's Larry Ellison publicly asked what the heck people meant by "the cloud."
Security researchers are warning that Web-based applications are increasing the risk of identity theft or losing personal data more than ever before.
The recent Twitter hack, where a French hacker compromised internal Twitter documents by accessing the account of administrative assistant, among others, was essentially an attack on Google Docs. The reason is that Twitter outsourced their infrastruc...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testingVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Security ConsultantACT