Sir Bob Geldof has launched a campaign for simpler technology, and believes cloud computing will be a key enabler.
When Ben Fried left his post as IT managing director at Morgan Stanley and took over as Google's CIO in May 2008, he knew what he was getting into: supporting a user base full of technology experts and computer industry stars, like co-founders Larry ...
As technology evolves, many of the barriers that have traditionally limited telecommuting continue to disappear.
Motorola announced the Atrix smartphone at the Consumer Electronics Show, and while many have been concentrating on its 4G connectivity and clever desktop dock that lets it run a cut-down Linux desktop on a full-sized monitor, nearly everybody has mi...
It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
Market research firm IDC makes a number of tech-related predictions near the end of every calendar year, but its prognostications for 2011 may well be among the company's most dramatic yet.
Google on Monday announced that it will introduce versions of Google Docs for tablets running both the Android and Apple iOS4 mobile operating systems.
Companies interested in taking advantage of what cloud computing has to offer, but reluctant to trust sensitive information off-site now have a new alternative with Microsoft's Windows Azure Platform appliance. Microsoft has teamed up with strategic ...
Apple is getting close to launching a cloud-based version of iTunes that supports wireless streaming music and movies and wireless syncing, according to new reports on the effort first reported earlier this year.
If Dell's cloud server lab is a candy shop for geeks, littered with components and exotic system designs, then Jimmy Pike is the Willy Wonka of servers.
I came across a link to a new report from IDC called the "2010 Digital Universe Study".
During the early days of technological development, IT was traditionally seen as a nice embellishment to any company's operations, providing any firm with the right push in being competitively advantageous against other companies.
Cloud computing. For some, the term is wildly nebulous. Not long ago, even Oracle's Larry Ellison publicly asked what the heck people meant by "the cloud."
Security researchers are warning that Web-based applications are increasing the risk of identity theft or losing personal data more than ever before.
The recent Twitter hack, where a French hacker compromised internal Twitter documents by accessing the account of administrative assistant, among others, was essentially an attack on Google Docs. The reason is that Twitter outsourced their infrastruc...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC