Cisco is tackling the so-called "dark Web" of online content that's not easily indexed or categorized by adding new usage controls to its IronPort S-Series Web Security Appliances.
Brocade has reportedly put itself up for sale, a development that portends significant consolidation within the data center IT industry.
Cisco's US$3 billion bid this week for Tandberg is a gamble that video conferencing can take off in the small/medium business and consumer markets, which to date haven't embraced Cisco's TelePresence systems.
Cisco Systems has signed an agreement to buy videoconferencing vendor Tandberg for about US$3.0 billion in cash, it said on Thursday.
SolarWinds Tuesday announced an updated product that the company says will enable IT departments to use Cisco IP SLA to better manage WAN connections, router performance statistics and VoIP metrics.
Cisco this week unveiled a blade addition to its Nexus line of data center switches that’s designed to aggregate multiple physical x86 blade servers from various vendors into a 10G Ethernet fabric.
Cisco CEO John Chambers got a 16% raise this year, according to calculations made by the Associated Press, including a US$2 million bonus for vision and leadership.
Cisco Systems has released its twice-yearly set of security patches for its router firmware, fixing 12 security flaws in the products.
Beta testers of a data-loss prevention add-on to Cisco's IronPort security appliances say DLP is looking like a fine complement to existing anti-virus and anti-spam filtering capabilities.
Cisco Systems gave Chairman and CEO John Chambers a discretionary incentive payment of more than US$2 million for the company's 2009 fiscal year, despite the fact that net income fell nearly 24 percent from the previous year on sales that were down a...
Some wireless access points from Cisco Systems have a vulnerability that could allow a hacker to redirect traffic outside the enterprise or potentially gain access to an entire corporate network, a security company said.
Cisco Systems downplayed a vulnerability in some of its wireless access points, reporting Tuesday that there is no risk of data loss or interception.
Cisco is trying to enhance storage performance on the IBM mainframe as well as third-party SAN products with new features added to its MDS 9000 storage networking product line. The goal is to enhance security and accelerate data traffic over distance...
Cisco Systems Inc. announced a joint effort with health insurer UnitedHealth Group Inc. today, aiming to create a nationwide network to enable video medical imaging, audio communication and health record information to be exchanged between health car...
Contract manufacturer Flextronics opened a research and design center for laptop computers in Taiwan, aiming to tap into the island's pool of engineering talent.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW