As expected the IEEE has ratified a new Ethernet specification -- IEEE P802.3bz – that defines 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T, boosting the current top end speed of traditional Ethernet five-times without requiring the tearing out of current cabling.
Business development manager for EMEA and Russia Mirko Bass tells Computerworld just why the smart city of Hamburg is attracting international attention, including from US president Barack Obama's cabinet.
Athletes will not be the only ones going for gold at the Olympics in Rio. Some of the biggest names in technology – from Cisco to Microsoft, HPE/Aruba and Google - have played a vital role in supplying back-end network technology for the games, and h...
Cisco Systems plans to acquire Internet of Things platform company, Jasper Technologies, for more than $US1.4 billion, giving the networking giant an even larger role in enterprises' growing use of IoT.
Cisco Systems has launched an internal code review following Juniper's disclosure last week of unauthorised spying code found in its enterprise firewall products.
Cisco Systems is reinventing its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform that includes videoconferencing and the core features of an enterprise phone system.
Cisco is working to build the confidence of prospective customers in its products, two years after the NSA spying disclosures seeded doubt, particularly in China.
Ericsson and Cisco Systems are partnering to develop and sell next-generation networks -- Ericsson because it's cheaper than buying in or building the equipment itself, and Cisco because it's quicker than buying Ericsson.
At the BoxWorks conference, the Apple CEO explained why the former foes could gain more by collaborating than by competing.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said Tuesday that the most successful businesses will be those that use mobile devices the best moving forward.
Cisco is tying with a Chinese partner for joint development and better access to the local market, according to a newspaper report.
Cisco plans to invest US$10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding U.S. technology.
Outgoing and incoming Cisco CEOs John Chambers and Chuck Robbins weren’t the only attractions at the annual Cisco event in San Diego this week.
US House votes to end NSA dragnet...Wal-Mart set to compete with Amazon Prime...Chambers gets sentimental on earnings call...and more tech news.
Three men accused of selling and exporting over $10 million worth of fake Cisco networking equipment into the U.S. have been arrested by U.K. police.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Should I drill a hole into my iPhone 7 to give it a headphone jack?
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW