As expected the IEEE has ratified a new Ethernet specification -- IEEE P802.3bz – that defines 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T, boosting the current top end speed of traditional Ethernet five-times without requiring the tearing out of current cabling.
Business development manager for EMEA and Russia Mirko Bass tells Computerworld just why the smart city of Hamburg is attracting international attention, including from US president Barack Obama's cabinet.
Athletes will not be the only ones going for gold at the Olympics in Rio. Some of the biggest names in technology – from Cisco to Microsoft, HPE/Aruba and Google - have played a vital role in supplying back-end network technology for the games, and h...
Cisco Systems plans to acquire Internet of Things platform company, Jasper Technologies, for more than $US1.4 billion, giving the networking giant an even larger role in enterprises' growing use of IoT.
Cisco Systems has launched an internal code review following Juniper's disclosure last week of unauthorised spying code found in its enterprise firewall products.
Cisco Systems is reinventing its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform that includes videoconferencing and the core features of an enterprise phone system.
Cisco is working to build the confidence of prospective customers in its products, two years after the NSA spying disclosures seeded doubt, particularly in China.
Ericsson and Cisco Systems are partnering to develop and sell next-generation networks -- Ericsson because it's cheaper than buying in or building the equipment itself, and Cisco because it's quicker than buying Ericsson.
At the BoxWorks conference, the Apple CEO explained why the former foes could gain more by collaborating than by competing.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said Tuesday that the most successful businesses will be those that use mobile devices the best moving forward.
Cisco is tying with a Chinese partner for joint development and better access to the local market, according to a newspaper report.
Cisco plans to invest US$10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding U.S. technology.
Outgoing and incoming Cisco CEOs John Chambers and Chuck Robbins weren’t the only attractions at the annual Cisco event in San Diego this week.
US House votes to end NSA dragnet...Wal-Mart set to compete with Amazon Prime...Chambers gets sentimental on earnings call...and more tech news.
Three men accused of selling and exporting over $10 million worth of fake Cisco networking equipment into the U.S. have been arrested by U.K. police.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD