Cisco Systems forecast slower long-term revenue growth Thursday, citing conservative spending by its customers and uncertainty about the economy in some parts of the world.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
The growing popularity of 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Ethernet in data centers helped propel the entire Ethernet switch market during the third quarter, according to IDC.
A fresh round of quarterly results and market research this week show some shadows over the networking and component markets while smartphones, as usual, were the stars of the tech arena.
Cisco Systems has stunned Wall Street with a gloomy financial forecast it blamed on falling demand in developing countries and transitions in some of its product lines.
Cisco Systems missed its revenue forecast and logged a year-over-year profit decline in its fiscal first quarter.
The U.S. Congress should take action to slow a skyrocketing number of "deceptive" patent infringement demand letters sent from patent licensing firms to small businesses, witnesses told a Senate committee.
A high-frequency supplement to Wi-Fi that's several times faster than most of what's available now appears headed for enterprises through a partnership between Cisco Systems and a specialist in the technology.
A significant increase this weekend in TCP traffic with source port zero detected could be part of reconnaissance efforts in preparation for more serious attacks, according to security researchers from Cisco Systems.
Web videoconferencing may get easier after a decision by Cisco Systems that should help bring widely used technology into browsers.
Cisco Systems released software security updates Wednesday to address denial-of-service and arbitrary command execution vulnerabilities in several products, including a known flaw in the Apache Struts development framework used by some of them.
A 40-year-old NEC account manager has been charged with mail fraud for allegedly obtaining replacement networking parts from Cisco using bogus names, the U.S. Department of Justice said Wednesday.
Cisco will boost its enterprise collaboration stack with products designed to simplify the way companies secure communications, interact with external parties and manage their collaboration tools.
Cisco Systems has released security patches for authentication bypass, command execution and denial-of-service vulnerabilities affecting products that use its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) software, as well as the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switc...
Internet access can be expensive, especially in developing countries. Google is backing a new project that aims to change that.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTDesktop Support Technician - onsite Corporate officesVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC