Cisco Systems released new firmware versions for some of its small business routers and wireless LAN controllers in order to address vulnerabilities that could allow remote attackers to compromise the vulnerable devices or affect their availability.
Leading tech vendors again urged European officials to protect them from patent trolls while creating a new pan-European patent system.
Qualcomm and Cisco Systems have started developing small cells customised for enterprises, which will be able to use the products to improve indoor wireless network coverage for their employees.
Cisco Systems has released security updates to fix serious vulnerabilities in a range of products including its Intrusion Prevention System, Unified Computing System Director, Unified SIP Phone 3905 and Firewall Services Module products.
Cisco Systems has reported another tough quarter, saying profits in its fiscal second quarter fell by more than half and revenue declined by nearly 8 per cent.
Cisco Systems has come to an agreement with patent firm Innovatio IP Ventures in a dispute over Wi-Fi standards-essential patents that targeted its customers.
The OpenDaylight SDN project released its first code and drew a sellout crowd to a conference this week, but it will take more than that before the effort can be declared a success.
Google has added Cisco to the list of tech companies with which it has struck a long-term patent cross-licensing agreement.
If the hardest part of the Internet of Things is getting to the Things, Cisco Systems is offering a lifeline.
The early Wi-Fi standards that opened the world's eyes to wire-free networking are now holding back the newer, faster protocols that followed in their wake, Cisco Systems said.
Cisco Systems has released software updates for its Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) in order to patch three vulnerabilities that could give remote attackers administrative access to the platform and allow them to execute OS-level commands wi...
Cisco Systems promised to issue firmware updates removing a backdoor from a wireless access point and two of its routers later this month. The undocumented feature could allow unauthenticated remote attackers to gain administrative access to the devi...
After a year in which tech stocks boomed but overall IT spending barely eked out single-digit growth, market forecasters are adopting an air of cautious optimism for 2014.
A deeper look by Cisco Systems into the cyberattack that infected Yahoo users with malware appears to show a link between the attack and a suspicious affiliate traffic-pushing scheme with roots in Ukraine.
A special hacking unit of the U.S. National Security Agency intercepts deliveries of new computer equipment en route to plant spyware, according to a report on Sunday from Der Spiegel, a German publication.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001VIC
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW