Oracle released new security updates for Java to fix 19 vulnerabilities and disable default support for SSL 3.0, an outdated version of the secure communications protocol that is vulnerable to attacks.
The number of exploit kits on the Web dramatically decreased last year, but some have become more sophisticated and shifted their focus to software that is less frequently updated.
Cisco Systems is forging ahead with LAN switches designed to support faster Wi-Fi access points even while an Ethernet standard for the technology they use is still taking shape.
While the International CES emphasised home networks and LTE-equipped cars, a different kind of network that can send tiny messages across a city crept toward a future that some people think may be huge.
CryptoWall, one of a family of malware programs that encrypts files and demands a ransom from victims, has undergone a revamp that is frustrating security researchers.
If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
Rockstar Consortium, the Apple-backed company that bid successfully for the patents of bankrupt Nortel Networks, has agreed to sell more than 4,000 of these patents to RPX, a company in San Francisco that helps reduce the risk of patent litigation fo...
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will soon decide whether to lay down rules regarding hotels' ability to block personal Wi-Fi hotspots inside their buildings, a practice that recently earned Marriott International a US $600,000 fine.
Cisco Systems plans to expand its security consulting services by acquiring Neohapsis, a small Chicago firm that tells enterprises how to secure their applications.
The increasing need for real-time analytics has helped buoy server sales to enterprises in a weak global economy, but most of the growth during the third quarter came from Web giants that are building their own hardware.
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
Cisco will package and deliver enterprise collaboration capabilities via a mobile and Web app built to replicate the ease of use of consumer software but designed for ad hoc, workplace team interaction.
Some of the most powerful companies in video networks and delivery plan to define an open architecture for streaming video as part of a new alliance that includes Cisco Systems, Comcast, Ustream and Yahoo, but not Netflix or YouTube.
President Barack Obama's call for ISPs to be regulated like traditional telecommunications carriers continued to send shockwaves through the Internet industry on Wednesday as the head of Cisco Systems warned that the idea could hurt his company's bus...
Cisco Systems released patches for its small business RV Series routers and firewalls to address vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to execute arbitrary commands and overwrite files on the vulnerable devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC