EMC pools assets into data lakes...U.S. bill aims at ed tech companies...leaked FTC report could free EC to act on Google... and more tech news
You don't need to be the NSA to tap calls on Cisco's SPA 300 and 500 IP phones: An authentication flaw allows potential attackers to do that by default.
Bare-metal switches that can be programmed like Linux servers aren't just for big Web companies anymore. They may show up in a lot more average enterprises in the next few years.
One of the most successful U.S. National Security Agency spying programs involved intercepting IT equipment en route to customers and modifying it.
Networking hardware and spontaneous applause don't often go together, but Facebook's Omar Baldonado set off a round of cheering this week when he told engineers there's finally an open-source hardware design that they can use to build switches.
Hundreds of hacked domain name accounts registered through GoDaddy are being used as part of a highly effective campaign using the Angler exploit kit to infect computers with malware.
U.S. net neutrality rules will help Europe take the lead in broadband, Cisco CEO John Chambers says.
A group of companies, including Cisco Systems and mobile device management software vendor AirWatch, have joined forces to help enterprises take advantage of features that are integrated in Android and iOS.
Lenovo's website hack points to DNS weakness ... FTC asked to probe Samsung ... Facebook vet starts server analytics biz ... and more tech news
Changes starting to take place behind the scenes in mobile networks may eventually pay dividends to anyone with a smartphone, a connected refrigerator or an IT department.
Cisco Systems posted quarterly revenue and profit gains that included growth for its software-defined networking products, and Chairman and CEO John Chambers used the occasion to lay down the gauntlet to SDN rival VMware.
Ransomware authors continue improving file-encrypting programs and infection methods for Windows and Android, making these nightmarish attacks harder to avoid.
The U.S. Department of Justice has backed a move by the IEEE Standards Association to modify the rules governing patents that go into making standards, so as to curb excessive royalties and attempts to ban rival products that implement the patents.
The rapidly growing popularity of wearable devices will lead to a surge in volume of mobile traffic, Cisco is predicting.
Samsung Electronics smartphones and tablets protected using the company's Knox security technology have been integrated with VPNs from Cisco Systems, giving enterprises more options for communicating securely.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW