The new world of Wi-Fi is a bit like the proverbial airplane being built in mid-air: Unless you really need to enter the new world of LANs right now, it might make sense to hold off. A case in point is the first 802.11ac Wave 2 access point from Cisc...
Server vendors recorded the strongest shipment growth in over four years for the first quarter, mainly driven by continued investments in the hyperscale server infrastructures that power public and private clouds.
Obama claims @POTUS, tweets...YouTube Kids shows beer ads...Samsung off the hook for some Apple damages...and more tech news.
The shamelessness of ransomware pushers knows no bounds. After encrypting people's files and then holding them to ransom, they portray themselves as service providers offering technical support and discounts to their "customers."
John Chambers got a little feisty and a little sentimental in his last earnings call as Cisco's CEO on Wednesday, dismissing a criticism of the company as "garbage" and saying he hopes to be working half time by the fall because "the hunting season's...
Cisco prepares to swap CEO... Google may face more scrutiny in Europe... Vint Cerf doesn't trust back doors... and more tech news
A new type of malware resorts to crippling a computer if it is detected during security checks, a particularly catastrophic blow to its victims.
EMC's VCE division wants to take the engineered systems approach it's honed with its Vblocks into next-generation mobile and cloud applications.
Cisco Systems has appointed Chuck Robbins, the company's senior vice president of worldwide operations, as CEO, replacing long-time chief executive John Chambers.
Some users whose computers have been infected with a ransomware program called TeslaCrypt might be in luck: security researchers from Cisco Systems have developed a tool to recover their encrypted files.
Obama authorizes sanctions for hackers... Facebook Riffs on video apps... Uber takes its fight to Brussels... and more tech news
Cisco plans to beef up its SDN [software-defined networking] technology by acquiring Embrane, a startup with an architecture for virtualized network appliances.
Cisco Systems released firmware updates for several routers and switches that run its IOS and IOS XE software in order to fix flaws in their autonomic networking infrastructure (ANI) feature.
The Internet of Things is mostly about achieving greater scale, but in the case of an upcoming demonstration project, it will show how electrical grids can work at a smaller scale.
Retailers beware: A new Trojan program targets point-of-sale (PoS) terminals, stealing payment card data that can then be abused by cybercriminals.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support AnalystSA
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW