Installing rogue firmware on embedded devices has long been a concern for security researchers, and it seems that such attacks have started to gain ground with hackers.
Chuck Robbins has only been in the job three weeks but the new CEO of Cisco Systems is already dropping hints about acquisitions.
Facebook drone set to fly this year...Windows 10 hit on browser choice...Hacker breaks into GM car using OnStar...and more tech news.
Cisco will pay incoming CEO Chuck Robbins a higher salary than outgoing chief John Chambers made in fiscal 2014.
After ten years of making networked set-top boxes, Cisco Systems plans to quit the business, selling its Connected Devices division to French firm Technicolor, the companies said Thursday.
Cisco Systems is tightening its relationship with Sensity Systems, a Silicon Valley startup that wants buildings and cities now adopting LED lighting to embrace the Internet of Things.
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
Cisco Systems recently realized that its Unified Communications Domain Manager (Unified CDM) software contains a default privileged account with a static password that cannot be changed, exposing the platform to hacking by remote attackers.
In another sign of the movement of more and more data into Cloud services, global first-quarter sales of Cloud-related hardware rose 25.1 per cent year-on-year, to nearly $US6.3 billion, according to an IDC survey.
Court says NSA can keep collecting phone records... Vandals cut cables again... Leap second largely trouble-free... and more tech news
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
The Internet of Things System that Cisco Systems introduced on Monday at long last ties together a broad range of IoT parts from the company, but users may want to take a close look at what this really gives them.
Cisco Systems said on Thursday it released a patch for three products that shipped with default encryption keys, posing a risk that an attacker with the keys could decrypt data traffic.
Google gets on smart cities bandwagon... eBay, PayPal hit a nerve with robocall provision in use terms... Spotify arms for battle with Apple... and more tech news.
Cisco's intention to buy Piston Cloud Computing and IBM's acquisition of Blue Box Group, both announced this week, are bids to make private cloud platform OpenStack less of a headache for IT departments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD