The dream of an Internet of things could turn into a nightmare for mobile operators, if sloppily written apps or chatty smartmeters were to overload their networks with signaling traffic. To avert such a scenario, a number of operators are backing a ...
A 26-year-old in China is suing one of the country's state telecommunication firms for disrupting access to Google after the government started blocking the company's services in May.
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
China plans to bring gigabit Internet speeds to its major cities by 2020, part of its effort to expand broadband among households in the nation.
As Apple prepares to launch its iPhone 5 in China, some analysts expect the product to sell well in the country and possibly even top sales for Apple's previous iPhone models in the country.
Beijing aims to create more free Wi-Fi hotspots across major public areas in the city, including shopping centers and subway stations as part of a city government effort to promote greater Internet use among residents.
Apple believes it is just "scratching the surface" of the Chinese market, as the company's revenue from the country for the quarter ended June 25 increased by more than six times from the same period last year.
China Unicom's new smartphone line, which is set to rival Apple's iPhone and Android handsets in China, will go on sale in the country later this month, according to a company spokesman.
Future versions of Apple's iPhone will support China Mobile's fourth generation (4G) network, China's largest mobile carrier said, a sign that it will eventually offer the iconic device to its 600 million customers.
China is on the verge of becoming the first country in the world to have more than 900 million cell phone users, according to government statistics.
Undersea telecommunications cables in and out of Japan seem to have mostly survived the devastating earthquake that struck the country on Friday.
China Unicom announced a new smartphone and software platform Monday, Wophone, that will rival Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and China Mobile's Ophone offerings.
Telecom giants China Unicom and Telefónica have agreed to invest more in each other while raising their joint competitiveness in purchasing, roaming and service to multinationals, the Chinese carrier said in a statement.
China Unicom plans on releasing its own Linux-based smartphone at the end of the year in China, as the company confronts sluggish revenue growth and increasing competition.
Selling out in stores across China, the iPhone 4 has not only been a success for Apple, but has also given mobile provider China Unicom an edge by helping it sign up more users to its 3G next generation mobile services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC