Chinese communications providers Huawei and China Mobile have successfully deployed 4G coverage on Mount Everest, some 5,200 metres above sea level.
An 8,900 kilometer undersea fiber cable system in Asia, backed by a consortium including Google, China Telecom, NEC and a host of local telecommunications companies, went live Thursday.
As rumors of Apple's budget iPhone continue to circulate, the U.S. tech giant has been pushing sales of its older iPhone 4 model in China as a way to grab market share in the nation's mid-tier market, according to research firm IDC.
It's not the potential customers in emerging markets that need a low-cost iPhone so much as the carriers who are refusing to sell the iPhone as they cannot meet Apple's demands and cannot subsidize it sufficiently to be able to sell it in those marke...
China Mobile and Ericsson have joined forces to trial the City Site, a four meter tall panel that includes a base station and an antenna customized for hotspot coverage.
China Mobile, the country's largest wireless carrier, reported weak profit growth in the first quarter as it struggled to squeeze more revenue out of existing customers.
The overall profitability of the smartphone market hit its apex in 2012, according to a prominent equity analyst.
As China prepares to launch its 4G networks, a steady stream of LTE enabled devices will begin entering the country next year, with close to 25 percent of all smartphone shipments designed for the next generation service, according to research firm I...
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
China Mobile has unveiled four smartphones built to run on its upcoming 4G LTE TDD network, with the handsets coming from foreign brands including HTC and LG, and Chinese handset makers Huawei and ZTE.
The largest mobile operators in China, Japan, and Korea have agreed on common standards for touch-card technology, clearing the way for travellers across East Asia to user their phones for travel and payments.
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
ZTE and China Mobile have successfully tested carrier aggregation, and achieved peak download speed of 223Mbps in the Chinese operator's LTE TDD network.
Apple CEO Tim Cook expects China to become the company's largest market, surpassing the U.S.
China is considering starting trials for mobile virtual network operators (MVNO), allowing qualifying private companies to resell wireless services in the country, with analysts expecting the move to eventually bring more competition to the state-con...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Future Intel CPUs could be cobbled together using different parts
- PowerColor's Radeon RX 470 graphics card is down to $120
- Legendary RPG Planescape: Torment is getting an Enhanced Edition, 17 years later
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTJunior Network EngineerNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- TPJunior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (BPMN or UML & Agile)QLD
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTField Services EngineerWA
- FTProject SchedulerACT
- FTWorkforce AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net Developer Developer (Front and Back end)QLD