The U.S. widened its lead in mobile patents last year and IBM took the top spot in new patents granted in that space, according to a report this week that analyzed data from both the U.S. and Europe.
Chetan Sharma Consulting
The land rush for mobile patents is so feverish that about one-quarter of all patents issued in the U.S. this year will be mobile-related, according to a study released on Wednesday.
Anyone who finds it hard to believe that the average U.S. mobile subscriber sent 696 text messages per month in the second quarter of this year may be relieved to know that this figure fell to 678 per month in the third quarter.
U.S. consumers are among the world's most voracious consumers of mobile data, motivated by the country's homegrown technology industry, according to analyst Chetan Sharma.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD