Consumers looking for a cheap tablet later this year will find some devices loaded with both Android and Windows 8, a new trend among Chinese manufacturers.
More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
When AT&T technology and network chief John Donovan said on Monday that he felt good about the carrier's spectrum position, he had an extra reason for his optimism.
Sony sold more than 4 million PlayStation 4 units in December, putting it on top in the console war with Microsoft, Sony announced at International CES 2014 on Tuesday.
Banking on its deep expertise in mathematical analysis and visualization, Wolfram Research is extending its set of tools so they can be used by portable device manufacturers to offer richer, more interactive data to their users.
With all the smartphones on the market, Chinese company ZTE is hoping to set its phones apart by bringing voice-assistant technology to its newest flagship device, the Grand S II.
Car makers such as Audi and GM are integrating LTE wireless technology in their new models, offering customers faster access to the Internet but not much choice since they have both signed deals with AT&T.
Advanced Micro Devices is looking to move away from providing CPU-only chips for gaming machines, instead switching over to accelerated processing units (APUs) that integrate CPUs with graphics cores.
AMD said Monday that the two new members of its A-series "Kaveri" chips are now available for preorder, and launching January 14 in the US. But the biggest update to its new hybrid CPUs with integrated graphics may be one of terminology.
Intel's CEO, battling to keep the company relevant as computing moves beyond the PC, introduced a new line of wearable computers Monday night, including a connected smartwatch and a pair of earbuds with a built-in heart monitor.
Sony added nine more models in three series to its 4K TV range at the International CES show on Monday, promising cheaper offerings but not specifying prices.
Intel is developing a smart wrist device and showing a host of prototype wearable devices at this week's International CES trade show with the hope to find the next big hit.
Intel hopes a new mini-computer the size of an SD card will drive growth for it in the wearables market.
Sony took the wraps off a new, low-cost 4K camcorder at the International CES 2014 on Monday, bringing a much-needed tool to a market still suffering from a lack of content.
Dell wants to compete with the Xbox and PlayStation gaming consoles, introducing a fully loaded gaming PC with the Linux-based, SteamOS operating system.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW