The AllSeen Alliance and the Open Interconnect Consortium are on track to have certified products at CES in January.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
While the International CES emphasised home networks and LTE-equipped cars, a different kind of network that can send tiny messages across a city crept toward a future that some people think may be huge.
For Lenovo, the craze for selfies knows no bounds -- the company has developed a robot that can be remotely adjusted to take pictures from a mobile device.
International CES has never been a showcase for new smartphones, but it always features several interesting announcements that highlight big trends for the next 12 months, and this year was no exception.
As the Windows 10 release gets closer, excitement around the OS is growing among those waiting to close the curtain on Windows 8.
BlackBerry is taking the same approach with its Internet of Things platform, launched Wednesday at International CES, as it is with its handset business: Aim at its core markets.
The Internet is adding a bit of hop to the art of beer crafting with a new appliance that can not only brew the alcoholic beverage, but also tap online resources and services, and be controlled via a web browser.
A trio of former Google employees are trying to make Android more work-friendly with a tablet that looks a lot like Microsoft's Surface Pro.
Internet connected devices are popping up like wildfire at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week. But while this new technology has the potential to provide enormous benefits for consumers, tech companies should put more effort into pr...
Curved displays may be a fad in TVs, but they could stick around longer in computer monitors.
Carl Pei is only 25 and his one-year-old startup has set out to figuratively kill the other leading smartphones in the market.
The AllJoyn system for connecting and controlling multiple Internet of Things devices can now reach beyond a home or office.
Intel wants to win the battle for your body with the smallest ever wearable computer called Curie, which is so tiny, it was barely visible to the audience during an on-stage demonstration.
Wearables for the wrist are all the rage at this year's International CES show, but companies are also coming up with devices meant to be worn on your waist, your feet and your index finger.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware Design Engineer in Test (SDET)QLD
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Business AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- TPProject Manager. AutomationNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HACMP/Oracle) 161103/SA/335Asia
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSoftware Developers - .Net 4.6NSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC